The World of That Otome Game is Tough for Us - Ch. 1 - Marie Route

Dex-chan lover
This was a surprise. I wasn't expecting them to do a manga adaption of the (better) Marie side route
There is also a official Light Novel adaptation of it.
And the Light Novel is getting official translation from 7Seas on April 2, 2024 (Manga should also get one once after the Volume version is out in Japan).

Also, the Raws for this Series Manga is upto Chapter 6.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
only 2 volumes, vol 2 published last August
it is marked as only 2 book series, so I'm not sure if there will be vol 3 soon (if any),
but in the postscript it is written that the author will continue the story

(I have the books, but I haven't touch vol 2 yet)
Light Novel Vol.3 for Marie Route is coming out on 29 February 2024.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, reading the comments, this is a spin off?
Uhh... Idk how to feel...
I already hate the setting.
Such a brat. I don't approve of her being isekaied.
She doesn't deserve 2nd chance.
She already got 2nd chance when she was disowned and she supposed to use that life to atone for her sins..
But i guess there's so much a pretty dropout college student can do 🤷

Dex-chan lover
I think both art styles are quite nice, this one feels a bit more uhh sculpted to a bit of realism in their expressions, idk how to explain it
I'm not saying it's bad.
I just like the other route art better, but personally think I would enjoy this not-incest route story better.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder. Is incest something determinable only by biological and/or sociological criteria? Because in this one they have no such connection in game world, only through their past lives. Does this still count?
i think.. biologically, no, not incest because they're both born from different family..

but, soul-wise... maybe..??
i mean, both of them know that the other is their own sibling from the past live, so even if from outsider pov they're not doing incest, they still think they're doing incest even though in these "new" live they're not related biologically..

Dex-chan lover
i mean, both of them know that the other is their own sibling from the past live, so even if from outsider pov they're not doing incest, they still think they're doing incest even though in these "new" live they're not related biologically..
I heard that in this spin-off, for various reasons (how they perceive themselves vs how they perceive each other iirc), they never found out they're actually siblings, unlike in the main story. Take that as you will.

Anyway, thanks for translating this! Nice to see it got a manga adaptation too. I look forward to the light novel English release next year. My interest in Mobseka dwindled and people's comments about how it fell later on doesn't inspire confidence, but I heard many praises about this spin-off. I checked the MTL and some spoilers and I think it is indeed more interesting than Mobseka, at least for me.

Marie's backstory is brutal. She might be a horrible person but she still loves her daughter and I think she's trying to raise her well. I have to give her the props for that. Domestic violence is no joke.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, reading the comments, this is a spin off?
Uhh... Idk how to feel...
I already hate the setting.
Such a brat. I don't approve of her being isekaied.
She doesn't deserve 2nd chance.
She already got 2nd chance when she was disowned and she supposed to use that life to atone for her sins..
But i guess there's so much a pretty dropout college student can do 🤷
Yes, this is a spin off of what happened if Marie did not succeed in her reverse harem and working behind the scenes with Leon. It is the same settings as the game but the only thing is that Luxie was already found by Leon and that about it.

Dex-chan lover
Not enough abuse for being a narcissistic twat, she framed her brother, lied to parents, still leeched off her brother enough to bribe him and contributed to his suffered death.

She had rough afterwards, basically selling her body to live and met leechers like her, showing how horrible person she was. Had to gave away her daughter and finally got a slow death after physical abuse, suit her right.

I'd say, not entirely redeemed, maybe 75%, not even what happened to her in reborn life is yet cleansed her previous sins. Yet.

Dex-chan lover
Not enough abuse for being a narcissistic twat, she framed her brother, lied to parents, still leeched off her brother enough to bribe him and contributed to his suffered death.

She had rough afterwards, basically selling her body to live and met leechers like her, showing how horrible person she was. Had to gave away her daughter and finally got a slow death after physical abuse, suit her right.

I'd say, not entirely redeemed, maybe 75%, not even what happened to her in reborn life is yet cleansed her previous sins. Yet.
careful not to cut yourself on that edge

Users who are viewing this thread