The World Will Be Destroyed Tomorrow, so I Want to Rub Your Boobs - Ch. 11

Supporter
In the one hand, I do appreciate someone picking this up.

In the other hand, it probably would have been better for it to not be picked up since the group is either a troll group or a group that is at least aware of their poor quality yet still releases stuff with that poor quality.

Dex-chan lover

In the other hand, it probably would have been better for it to not be picked up since the group is either a troll group or a group that is at least aware of their poor quality yet still releases stuff with that poor quality.
Agreed, that was hell to read

Dex-chan lover

i don't really get being like some sort of weird nitpicker when you aren't paying or contributing to the translations in any way, if it is a troll then yeah it kinda sucks i guess but if it's just someone who isn't the best at english i don't get why you would whine about it

Supporter
i don't really get being like some sort of weird nitpicker when you aren't paying or contributing to the translations in any way, if it is a troll then yeah it kinda sucks i guess but if it's just someone who isn't the best at english i don't get why you would whine about it
If you're posting something out for the public to read then the public has the right to critique it. If something low quality is posted, don't be surprised when people point out the low quality.

Dex-chan lover

Id 100 percent rather have poor quality than nothing

It's rly not that hard to figure out what's going on

This has been dormant for yearssss. It's not like anyone else was gonna do it

Supporter
Id 100 percent rather have poor quality than nothing

It's rly not that hard to figure out what's going on
And that's the tough part. Sure, it's nice to have even a poor quality scan cause you can still read it and figure out how it's supposed to be, but then you also run into it being less enjoyable to read because of it. Poor quality scans can also discourage other higher quality scanlators from picking up a series.

Whether or not that's a fair trade is going to be entirely on personal opinion. I personally prefer a scanlation to at least be decent. A typo here or there, or even occasionally rough grammar isn't too big a deal, but when the entire thing is that kind of quality then at best it just makes the read not enjoyable for me, and at worst is actually unreadable. This one is more the former than the latter, thankfully.

Sure, you can make the argument that I'm reading this for free and I should just suck it up, but as I said before, something being free doesn't make it immune to criticism.

Dex-chan lover
And that's the tough part. Sure, it's nice to have even a poor quality scan cause you can still read it and figure out how it's supposed to be, but then you also run into it being less enjoyable to read because of it. Poor quality scans can also discourage other higher quality scanlators from picking up a series.

Whether or not that's a fair trade is going to be entirely on personal opinion. I personally prefer a scanlation to at least be decent. A typo here or there, or even occasionally rough grammar isn't too big a deal, but when the entire thing is that kind of quality then at best it just makes the read not enjoyable for me, and at worst is actually unreadable. This one is more the former than the latter, thankfully.

Sure, you can make the argument that I'm reading this for free and I should just suck it up, but as I said before, something being free doesn't make it immune to criticism.

If it was some hot manga everyone was tryna translate sure I'd totally agree but it's been 2 fricken years!!!!

And tbh I don't think this is stopping anyone from picking up the series since there is def room for improvement.

But translater is doing God's work at this point at least giving us some semblance of the story that was abandoned prior

No. It's not cute, it doesn't matter it's your group name, it doesn't make it ok to ruin something.

Dex-chan lover
Only envious people would make fun of someone playing a guitar (with any skill). Unless the situation was really inappropriate.

Dex-chan lover
If you're posting something out for the public to read then the public has the right to critique it. If something low quality is posted, don't be surprised when people point out the low quality.
i'm not surprised i'm just more saddenend that weird entitled people like that still exist

Users who are viewing this thread