The Worst Princes' Battle Over Giving up the Imperial Throne

I call upon the gods of scanslations to work on this manga!

This is a fun series. (P. S. Someone please edit the description to include this raws link: https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000440010000_68/)

Mmhhh from the title I can basically understand this: The empire is f and anyone who sits on the throne is f and will go down as the last empress or emperor......or the Imperial family is lazy like the rest of us. It’s one of the two

Guys translator here, Ive uploaded the chapter twice and it seems that it takes mangadex a full day to upload the chapter

@_Fallen_King_ Nah, the plot is that the empire is too great because of the successful emperor, his successors are powerful too but all are just too lazy to inherit the throne so they just scheme each other into taking up the throneXD

Dex-chan lover
I've always wondered why royalty in fantasy series are willing to kill each other for the throne. Being part of the royal familyretty much sucks (no freedom, constant threat of assassination, put on display their entire lives, little to no privacy), and being king is just worse in all categories. Then you add on top of that the responsibility and the pressure and all the ceremonies (because in a total monarcy the king is both head of state and government). And for all that trouble you really don't get that much in return. A totalitarian monarcy doesn't have that much more freedom to do whatever than any government. The King is still very much subject to public opinion and exists for the people; if they make decisions that the majority of people are against or create a bad situation then they are subject to the people's wrath and will be removed forcibly (which is what has happened historically). Then you're constantly stuck in politics and have to deal with all the different factions and nobles curryingand literally every problem (social, physical, or otherwise) plaguing your country. Ever see the U.S. Presidents before and after? I imagine the stress of being king is 100x worse. Really being a prince or princess (actually prince because the time period with a powerful monarcy is usually also wrought with social inequality) is as good as it gets (until your family sells you off for a political marriage to finalize alliances and amass power), you get the idolization and still have he freedom to play around, but every series acts like that one guy that doesn't want the throne is some kind of rare random mutation. Meanwhile it's perfectly sane for everyone to kill for that type of terrible position. Long rant, but that's all to say that this type of premise and setting looks to be at least refreshing.

@TNT261 Well the cliche works because that is how it was in real life sometimes. I mean look at how bad the succession crises got in some of these countries. I mean there some points in Chinese history that the feuding in the royal family was even worse than game of thrones. Though I do believe there were people who rejected the right to suction.

As for why they would fight over it, the biggest reason is usually just greed and narcissism. But there is also other reasons like
1. The one who wins the crown assassinating his/her family members afterwards to eliminate threats before they could move against them. SO you wanted to be the one crowned just to survive.
2. Actually wanting to use the crown to change the way the country is now.
3. the nobles under the royal family pushing you into the fight so that they could benefit from your ascension to the thrown.
4. Also forgot sometime the parents (especially when there are multiple wives/concubines) where the parents groom you to be interested in winning the throne. I mean look at Alexander the great who had his mom constantly telling him since he was a toddler that he was the son of Zeus, king of the gods.

Now saying this, I will admit that I am looking forward to this series since its a new idea that doesn't follow the standard cliché.

Aggregator gang
obviously Prince is used gender neutrally. If I were translating, I would probably use latin instead. and call them Princeps or principes for plural.

Okay, this is definitely quite a good twist to race for the throne trope. I will observe this series with great interest.

Dex-chan lover
The story concept is retarded.
As noblesse oblige implies, noble kids have their duty to take care of society. They live in luxury, have best resources, education, etc. They are prepared to take over after their parents are dead. Also, since resources (money, estates, etc) are limited, these resources are going to be divided in a favor of a chosen successor. Those children who have not been selected are risking to be left with nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread