These Two Will Be Married In 100 Days - Ch. 54 - Day 54

@AnonymousWeeaboo
First of all, its highly appreciated that you referenced the source material.
Second, you make an interesting point there, giving us an explanation to the previously mentioned higher divorce rates.

Talking from personal experience, my family is complitely stable despite previous shown facts, however that doesn't mean that may be the case with other families.
Nevertheless, I would like to point at the original statement of "a man with no job is hardly a man" and that the recent information doesn't validate it.
Since that statement was the one who caused the argument to begin, I think it would be better to first give it a valid explanation.

Dex-chan lover
@Garadox That was kind of straying into a different topic since the other poster was consistently denying that there are no problems with those kinds of relationships. I personally don't care if people want to do that sort of thing, it's their business how they live their own lives, but I wanted to point out that it simply is not the case that it's the same as more traditional relationships. Whatever the cause for it, something must be going wrong because it ends in divorce much more frequently.

As to the other part about what it means to be a man, I think we can't really get a concrete scientific definition of what a man is given that it's a more cultural and ideological idea, but what we can do is look back at the history of the idea of masculinity and what the great writers of old said on the subject to see if there's anything that stands out as consistently appearing, and among the cultural noise you do tend to get things like "providing for the family," among other things. I don't know that I'd say that's the only way to be a "real man" - after all, I think a single man who isn't married and has no children can also be a "real man" - but the idea that a man that does nothing to provide for at least himself is a failure is something that seems to be prevalent in most every culture across all of human history as far as I can tell.

I would also like to point out that I wasn't the one who made the original post, I was responding to somebody who posted something I found to be completely inaccurate.

Aggregator gang
I thought people would be happy with this chapter? With his skills I wanna say, he can easily be a chief for a restaurant soo, yay is there havoc about that?

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo I appreciate your providing sources. I was not able to look into the Norwegian study as much of the research group's website was in Norwegian, and I found it somewhat difficult to find the relevant articles.

However, after reviewing The National Survey of Families and Households (which wasn't actually run by the NIH, just received funding via a grant from them), as well as papers written using the data gathered from the NSFH, I have come to the conclusion that it would be disingenuous to represent your claims as scientific truth. The science is still very much up in the air and some of the data from generations past even has divorce rates go down slightly for couples in which the man was unemployed or only had part-time employment.

Even the data from the NSFH only shows a small increase in divorce rates based on male unemployment.

Also, I would like to state for the record that using past traditions and cultures as a standard for modern behavior because "That's how it has always been." is nonsensical at best.

@Dredcor
Bro, can y'all take your little chit chat literally anywhere else? Maybe send eachother your discords and talk about it there? Having half the comments be 3 people arguing about politics is a bit of an eyesore on what's supposed to be a comfy manga.

Dex-chan lover
É TETRAAAAAAAAAAA
BRASIL-SIL-SIL-SIL...
tema_da_vitoria_do_Ayrton_Senna.mp3
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo I'm really sorry, if my comment about conservative views came of as offensive, I didn't really think it through.
It's just that I believe that one of the reasons why many wives may find their not working husbands unattractive and are likely to divorce is exactly the fact that it's commonly believed not working is unmanly. If this belief was to be changed maybe we would see a fall in divorces caused by this. And despite this belief being historically grounded, it's only natural for such things to change over time, especially if that change may bring a positive result.

Double-page supporter
I am shocked by the level of civil discussion going on right now in the comments.
Anyways can't wait for it to skip forward like 10 days after all this because this format is kind of terrible for the type of story it's telling.

i could be confused by the mess happening in the comments but this is the internet so at this point i'm not even fazed

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo @So-chan
Thank God for some sanity, you are both exactly right.

Much more important than him not having a job, though, is that her job is an idol, selling her body to be looked at by other men. He needs to end that immediately and make her a housewife

Hata is good because he shows objective masculinity and femininity much more than usual. e.g. right here where consent is getting rightfully laughed aside.

Users who are viewing this thread