This Uncle Likes Cute Things - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Manager Oji uses the power of cuteness to self-motivate

I have to keep telling myself that this is not a yaoi...

My fujo ass cannot help but to ship them both. WTH ( T A T )

Dex-chan lover
...So is four-eyes actually doing anything productive or useful by scolding people from another actual literal department?

I don’t know why the “guys can’t like cute things and can’t like sweet things” trope is so over the top sometimes. Yeah, those things are stereotypically feminine but isn’t it more childish to bully people over carrying cute things? You’re not in elementary school anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Megane Naruto screams hypocrite and toxic masculinity. I can't stand people who are like that. Let people like whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

@tinavy
It's a cultural thing in japan, most people will think you're weak/girly if you're a guy who likes sweets and cute things, at its best is frowned upon at its worse you'll get bullied for it, that's why is such a common trope in manga for guys to denied liking those things,

Contributor
Same (lack of) energy:

14j.png

Fed-Kun's army
i wont be surprised if that megane Naruto turns out to be a closeted cat (and cat merch) lover

@Tsuki09 I know that it’s a thing in Japan, but the way it’s used in some works (including this one) is so heavy-handed and lack any subtlety that I can’t take it serious. It’s not the “guys don’t that” trope itself that bothers me. It’s clumsy way the author writes it into the story.

Yeaaah I don't think I'm gonna keep reading this one.
It's not relatable to me as I'd rather be called a weirdo than be ashamed of stuff I love, no matter my gender or my age.
And all those characters being judgemental are just pissing me off rather than making feel sorry for the MC, wish is probably the main purpose of the story - make you feel sorry for him to understand him and be more open minded irl maybe or relate to him/find him cute, not working for me. And if it's pissing me off more than it entertains me, better to let go.
Perhaps it gets better later, all the people around him might become more open minded, but it's probably going to take time, if this isn't just going to keep the same formula at making him a "middle aged man who likes cute things and who gets better at hiding it thanks to one or two other closeted cute-things-lover dudes".

A pity, this would have been actually nice and cute if it had been handled better imo.

Contributor
Sir I can't take you seriously when you're called Naruto in the 21st century. And frankly if people paid more attention to that, I'd understand if you had a complex about liking childish things at an older age. Still wouldn't approve, but like I'd get it.

Dex-chan lover
Completely disregarding whether or not the presence of cute things affects workplace performance...

This guy has enough free time on his hands to both walk to a separate department AND complain about them? Sounds like he doesn't have enough work on his hands.

Dex-chan lover
the quiet ikemen win
dude seems like a misanthrope. plus liking animals even if they're hostile. it's easier to project emotions on animals and it's the case of just being heavily insecure.

Uwah, quite surprised to see some of the comments here~ The genre is comedy so I'm not sure why it seems some people are taking it too seriously? I mean it's supposed to be exaggerated and all (e.g. Oji's worry about other people finding out that someone as old as him still likes cute things and Naruto's tsundere-ness)?? 😅 Or maybe I'm just biased because I loved the drama adaptation and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's character and relationship development in manga form. Naruto surprisingly turned out to be my favorite character in the drama, I'm really curious how different manga!Naruto is and his interactions with each character in the manga.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work, looking forward to the next chapters!! 😍

THANK YOU FOR THE SCANLATIONS.. i'm a huge fan of the drama and already ordered the volumes, i had resigned myself to literally learning japanese to read them T-T THANK YOU for ur hard work !!!!!!

I love this but it's just a little sad seeing others reactions upon nearly finding out about this uncles hobbies... what's so wrong about a man liking cute stuff?? T-T it just makes the competent man cuter,,, give him a breakkk

Users who are viewing this thread