This Uncle Likes Cute Things

Contributor
Apparently a J-drama just started airing in August 2020.

dorama.png

Group Leader
@justforthelulz Yup! It is SUPER popular in Japan. I was suprised nobody translated it. It has merch based on the actual main plush Pug Taro, Line Stickers, a Light Novel, a Drama, and a potential movie.

Is there a trend this past couple years of stories that look like BL manga but it's just a bunch of salarymen being cute, or what?
It does look nice and I'll probably read it, but when will then realize that what they consider "innocent fujoshi bait" is also sadly queerbaiting, and that's wrong? Every 5 years or so a new trend, before this it was fake sport-shounen :p This one seems to attracked a larger crowd than just fujoshi and queer people though, good for them I guess.

I want a husband as adorable as him,his hobby isn't hurting anyone why should he have to feel ashamed and hide to appear "normal" to other people,confidence is sexy,hon.You could learn a thing or two from The way of the househusband.

Wow. Thats cute. Very cute. Thank you for translating this series! For those that are interested in a series similar to this, there is a manhwa called 'Man Drowning in a Veil'.

OMG thanks for picking this up!!! I'm currently addicted to its drama adaptation (last episode tomorrow huhu) and got interested in the manga but realized that's nobody's translating it until I saw this today! Thanks for your hard work!

I feel like my heart is being cleansed while reading each chapter, this is a truly relatable story

Dex-chan lover
When I was younger, I was told by my father that "men can say they like cute things or what is cute once they are an old man". Sometimes I wonder if it's different in many cultures. It's a shame when men should be able to wear hello kitty shirts or like anything that is cute!!

@Georg-Prime I guess that explains why I immediately assumed this was BL when I first saw it; I was surprised to see that it wasn't. I don't know how I feel about it other than assuming that any subtext/teasing will ultimately go nowhere, so I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread