This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 2 Ch. 45

What if there is a twist to the twist? Like the butler said to lie to Canaria that they’re going to poison the wine to see if she’d tell Caesar but they really didn’t poison it? 🙊 lol

Contributor
Even if you're resistant to poison, it show how much he like her for taking this risk, only to protect her.

Dex-chan lover
Why does the queen care so much if Canaria has betrayed her or not? Why doesn't she just assume she has and move on from there, if she's convinced enough to poison a prince?

If his immunity is all that, poisoning him is high risk, low return. And if Canaria is intent on staying Cesar's wife, then the queen can easily use that against him. So why?

how is our mc kinda smart yet so dumb to realize a simple thing such as the prince liking her

We interrupt this story's faux European aesthetics to bring you...faux Babylonian aesthetics, complete with ziggurat?

What a weird fantasy, but that's at least more original than fantasy Catholicism.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum - she probably wants to see how committed Cesar is to Canaria, to gauge how and if she can use a former pawn against him. If anything, she removes a pawn from the board - Canaria will probably be blamed for the poisoning.

Seeing that ziggurat in the middle of a Western European style story had me laughing and I can't concentrate on anything else.

Dex-chan lover
Smart move from the king! *Not sarcasm*

@AlmondMagnum I think that it's more on the queen taking a liking on her. She's seeing her past self on canaria, and wanting her to stay as an ally/pawn. Something like that, though it's unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
At least we know Cesar is not stupid and can calculate as well as anyone else.

Double-page supporter
I thought she'd just tell him about it and he'd say he'll drink it, knowing that he's immune to poisons and telling her they can keep her cover this way.
With the track record this series has had on communication, I really should have known better.
I'd like to think it was on purpose so that she'd give a genuine reaction but... That has so many ways of backfiring if it was.

Fed-Kun's army
aaaaah this dum dum, he loves his wifey so much afdslkjfdjkl he figured shit out QUICK;; i love him 😍anyway i think the queen actually does have some fondness for canaria so... she gave her a chance to prove herself. or perhaps she actually considers her that useful of a pawn, and is that reluctant to get rid of her??? idk. anyway cesar has a lot of explaining to do afsdljdfsjlk

thank you so much for the update!!!

Dex-chan lover
this clothing though, I'm here for it. This story uses a lot of clothes from different time periods. Even Carania's dress at the ball was super out of place but it looks good so...

Users who are viewing this thread