This Villainess Wants a Divorce!

Why the fuck is the one translating for us is attacked for a lame aprile fools prank ? And WHY do he need to excuse himself after ?!?
Seriously, do you think he's your personnal servant or something ? I could somewhat understand if it was frustration because he was slow as fuck to release a chapter, but it's not even the case...

Honestly I learned to read my manga on April 2nd and skip April 1st I know people get happy for releases but April 1st will always be strange and nonsense with 60% being fake releases. So again ragers learn to wait 24 hours for new releases.

Were this not literally fan translations the "apology version" would also be really inappropriate. Just. Post an apology in the applicable thread(s). Prefacing the chapter with "apology" is yet another scenario where you are trying to force a captive audience to read something completely unrelated to the project or the scanlation team in general for the sake of making yourself happy. It is going to be incredibly confusing and weird for anyone who wasn't here for the April Fools updates, and it is really weird as someone who missed all of the drama to read through this huge apology for behavior I didn't even see. Like, I'm not even sure what you're referring to with itb what did you even say to feel like you had to apologize like that? Why even add that to the scans when there is no record of what started the situation in the scans anymore? Again, this is a fan translation, not an official translation, so it's not like everything has to be ultra perfect and everyone on the team has to act like some PR pro, it's just a really uncomfortable choice that was made here.

So much text in the comment below.... as an avid reader, I hereby choose not to read it. Thank god this scroll function exists!
...Wait ...why cann't I scroll...
What, I have to read it seven times?
sobs internally

It's too dissappointing. . .it's just a prank tho. . .they don't have to insult the people who translate this manga. . .just shut-up and read yah know. . .tsk tsk 😑

thank you for the update! still... it's just a prank .-.) is it even worth it to attack the translator when we only enjoy their work while they doing the hard work..

My take is that the real problem of the prank was that it was over used and flooded people's 'following'. And that the actual chapter only showed up 2 days later, losing completely the timing of the joke. I got baited about 4 times, laughed the first 2 times and got angry/bored by it on the other two, just imagine those who got struck by more than 4 times? I don't believe that a joke should be funny "only if everybody is laughing" a joke is a joke. Be it bad or not. But saying no one should've gotten angry over it is also bullshit. Some laughed, some cursed, some cried. Move on.

Someone already mentioned it but just wanted to chime in because I agree.

I don't mind pranks from scans groups. I expect pranks on April's Fools and some pranks make me giggle.

What I don't appreciate is being pranked 3 times by the same thing on the same day. At that point I don't find it funny anymore and I feel like I'm being made fun of. I assume a lot of people are angry because of this which is why we get to where we are here, but I don't see this happening with other scans groups (could be wrong).

I appreciate whoever posted the actual chapter because they were annoyed by what happened, and I don't think they were actually trying to snipe anything. I would do the same if I could.

Having said that I don't agree with the extreme angry reactions. Calling names and being rude ain't gonna get your point across and make what upsets you stop, and I sympathize with the group for being angry with the bombardment of insults.

@Edea Note, One of the pranks were by a different group. Look at Bc Novels's version of Ch17 - Yuri Route in the April Fool's Collection.
While I didn't refresh the page every second of the day, I believe there were only 2 joke uploads by LLS for this series. One a 1 panel "April fools", the other an untranslated version titled "for real this time", which I believe they took down shortly after (maybe they realized it wasn't received well).

I really hope that the scanlation group can see the messages of support. Cause all the messages of rudeness and hate can drown that out. Know that there are fans that love, care and support y’all. (。・ω・。)ノ♡

ahh. yes. I'm not too fond of the wild girl, so I didn't end up checking that update. And I don'tdidn't follow lady baby. All 3 have 1 chapter deleted, and one in April fools.

My sister and I really like Lady Baby so far, it's cute as heck. Wild girl I could take or leave, it's not really consistent enough in tone or character for me, but my friend really likes it so I preview the chapters for any content that can set off her PTSD (which there was one case of so far with Wild Girl).

@firefish5000 I did notice the chapter from a different group - that would not have helped the situation. The three times I was referring to, 2 of which were about the 1 page chapter. After I have checked the two fake chapters, the 1 page appeared again on my recent update list as unread. I assume it might have been a reupload, but maybe things might have been cached/not marked read properly.

Either way I stand by my point that you don't want to repeat a joke (once is fine, twice is eh, especially badly executed). I was lucky enough to recognize that a few series I follow are scanlated by this group, and ignored their other updates for other series, but not everyone is gonna pay attention. I'm not saying they can only do it for one series and one series only (who knows who is following what). But for readers, adding more noises to their reading list on top of that is just fueling the frustration.

Group Leader
I apologize if I upset anyone.

@TUSF I uploaded the joke chapter with content, not the raw. In fact, it's still up and you can see it here - https://mangadex.org/title/35798/april-fools-collection-2019

I never uploaded any raws. This is the one - https://mangadex.org/chapter/575794/1

I put some effort in it and quite a few people enjoyed it, in fact. I think it's pretty good and has an actual joke in it. It's the "Yuri Route" rewrite one.

@Chuckfinlay Aiyo, my joke chapter was actually uploaded on the other websites, not just mangadex, and while there were some who didn't like it, there were also those who enjoyed. It's just that the angry voices are louder than the chuckles.

I have been reading mangas/manhwas from scan groups for MANY years, and I have never ever written a comment. As a nom English speaker, it always gets me nervous to write.
But I was very sad to see what happened for April fools days. Aprils fools jokes are always expected and were supposed to be fun, and it is really a pity how things have turned out this time. I know can't even imagine how hard you guys from LLS work for the scans and I am very grateful! You guys still have fans who support you and your work! lots of love

Users who are viewing this thread