This Villainess Wants a Divorce!

@CoraCries Same! I took a hiatus from reading it around chapter 60 and I thought it was gonna be all fluff from there, too. But BOY has the heat cranked up!

I’m honestly here for the art. The story could be better. “I’m Stanning the Prince” is way better than this when it comes to politics and plot twists. At least this one didn’t turn to a harem to the female lead.

@yumitech - I'm so happy I saw your comment. I've been holding off on reading “I’m Stanning the Prince”, and decided to pick it up on a whim. LOVE IT.

Anywho, I'm trying my best to find something more in this series. Other than great art, I'm not sure there's anything compelling me to continue reading (currently on chp 42). I'm hopeful because of the other comments, but I do find the FL rather ditzy....dense?? It took her until chapter 40 to realize he might have feelings for her 😓 slow progress indeed.

Is there someone else making summaries of what is happening? If I do not summarize when new chapters upload, I do not remember the important things!

Ehh, do they not have doors and guns? It Isn’t a cave and a human can’t just break a steel door if they were to apply one. Those soldiers should easily be able to shoot and kill that boy as well. Yes this is a story but I think the storm trooper act is a little lame and expected some amount of light torture of some kind instead of a knight who saves a princess. It would’ve been plenty fine if you just made her endure some spinning or slight electricity. ;-;

Villainess manga and isekai harem are similar, why? Cause they like to recycle the same incidents 😄

- MC gets isekai’d into a novel she read, villainess is on the death route so she tries TOO hard to not die and get a divorce, completely missing all signs that people have interest in her.

- The infamous, maid slap scene. A popular scene in the genre. Honestly if your villainess manga doesn’t have the maid slap scene, is it even a villainess manga?

- (can only assume the character died when she was like 18+) tries to be mature, says she is not into kids but completely acts like one. A common thing in the villainess manga, they never act their “age” it’s just weird.

- Extra fluff scene to distract you from the fact that 3 chapters later she is going to forget everything that happens and says fuck you to the MC I want my divorce cause she is denser than water 10k ft.below the ocean

Quick edit as well. This one IMO has to be the worst out of the bunch, littered with contradictions. You want to be nice so you don’t die when you get a divorce but your helping the prince and siding with the empress??? Huh??? I haven’t gotten too far but please explain how you get of a situation, where the prince realizes the empress catches on cause she reports to her like some dog. How do you come back from that?? Like what?

There are some examples of villainess mangas where the villainess wasn’t isekai’d, reincarnated instead. I like those ones, but I also like the gems where it’s neither isekai or reincarnation. One good example is “Please throw me away”, love that one to death

I’m sorry.. this is going to be the second time commenting and I am not tryna clog up the comments but dear lord it was a painful 40 chapters. All I could think while reading this was just “women 😐” 😂.
Like bruh, no way you didn’t realize after you broke this man’s heart like twice. And she STILL wants to continue the original story after the confession. Thank god she used the last 3 remaining neurons in her brain to realize that the story LITERALLY changed because of her. Well yeah no shit 😂💀💀💀, of course it’s gonna change when your nothing like the original 😭😭

they should have not included those scenes, I can’t look at canaria and cesar the same way as I did before- T T
And seems like there are going more to be more chapters like these l8tr too, tho ngl I’m not a fan of these stuff but I’m sure others have their own opinions on this

Group Leader
I never realized that Cesar was my favorite character in this manga until he wasn’t there. Honestly, the last few chapters were super fucking boring.

The bureaucracy and drama really forces Canaria back into the cliched role of damsel in distress, contrary to the role she held in the earlier parts of the story. And that was the only reason I read this in the first place.

Gotta say, this is all pretty stupid.

I'm up to date with the chapters and the solution to all the current problems has been the same since day 1: Just have the brother who doesn't want the throne to make a public announcement that he has no plans to take the throne and will be abdicating his right to succession.

It's literally that simple, there isn't a grand scheme in existence that will force someone who doesn't want to be king to take the throne, for the simple fact that as a king he can just undo the scheme. Further the general basis of the plot is that the Parlam family is too powerful, this is nonsense, the Emperor could merely forge evidence of treason and go to war with the family. Lastly there is no Emperor or King in history that would allow a single family to wield more power than he does, so much so that any member of royalty in a position like this wouldn't remain on the throne anyways.

The family would just execute them and take control, if you're reading this for the political intrigue you'll be 100% disappointed, if you're reading for the romance you'll also be pretty disappointed.

82 chapters and the 'romance' is maybe the most interesting part... and it's not great.

@Boa-Noah Firstly, I know there are a lot of things that don't make sense in this story but they do have reasons for it. The second prince can give up his right to the throne but that will only lead the empress to plan to assassinate the crown prince. Also, the crown prince can't really kill the empress bcoz that will make it a public opinion that once the second prince was out of his way for the throne, he also removed the thorn known as empress and hence would be called a tyrant for his actions. Secondly, emperors might make false treason evidences but that will just turn nobles other than his loyal subject against him and those nobles will band together to build up a faction for all of their safety bcoz if they don't do that any noble lineage with a greater power will be eliminated. What I want to say is a powerful family is a double-edged sword while it's a threat to one's own reign it is also a threat to foreign countries seeking to invade.

Thirdly, romance is shit......... I agree.

Cesar was choking up. Ugh! I felt that. I hope Sir Ethan doesn't lose his eye. Such a handsome babyfaced lad.

Users who are viewing this thread