Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 7 Ch. 5 - Villainess Slated for Execution Dreams of a Prince to Save Her

Dex-chan lover
I kinda feel like going from "Oh no, it's so terrible that she will be executed" to "LMAO, they will all be executed" is kinda a weird moral lesson here.
There's not really any LMAO, though? The closest thing to it, I guess, would be the French Revolution, its aftermath, and the end of that period. It's not totally analagous, but they're being executed for being the heads of a group who... Execute people on the regular for false crimes (with the implication it's for extremely petty things or peoples' egos.) A rotten empire meeting its end.

I honestly like it, although I disagree with the idea it would work well as a serialisation. Mainly because the whole "rotting empire" thing would likely come full front and center for at least a third of it.

Dex-chan lover
There's not really any LMAO, though? The closest thing to it, I guess, would be the French Revolution, its aftermath, and the end of that period. It's not totally analagous, but they're being executed for being the heads of a group who... Execute people on the regular for false crimes (with the implication it's for extremely petty things or peoples' egos.) A rotten empire meeting its end.

I honestly like it, although I disagree with the idea it would work well as a serialisation. Mainly because the whole "rotting empire" thing would likely come full front and center for at least a third of it.
It would be - in my indelicate way of putting it - a "Hate Fuck" of a manga.

Y'know those typically shojou stories where there's always a contrived conflict just to create drama?

One of those, but like, Dial it up to "Red Wedding"

Dex-chan lover
I kinda feel like going from "Oh no, it's so terrible that she will be executed" to "LMAO, they will all be executed" is kinda a weird moral lesson here.
The main difference is the Empire executes people for entertainment, even falsely accusing innocent people or just getting rid of people they don't like. The Kingdom is doing it to kill, I assume, war criminals and tyrants who killed their own innocent citizens.

Dex-chan lover
I keep clicking curiously to see the stupid prince and his mobs but found nothing :(

Users who are viewing this thread