Tiger Dragon Brothers

Dex-chan lover
Daily reminder that this manga got shafted for Hungry Marie. Ultimate RIP.

This updated for other languages and it got my hopes up. :(

Power Uploader
The author actually commented on it in the last volume of Hungry Marie (where the one-shot was included as a bonus).

"This is the one-shot that preceded the creation of Hungry Marie. Back then, I wanted to move away from Beelzebub for a more fantasy-oriented universe. I remember deliberately choosing a hero who resembled a pre-transformation Oga. Reviews on it were pretty good, so I tried to turn it into a series, but despite several attempts submitted to my editor I failed to make an interesting story out of it. In the end, for a change of mind I decided to submit him a storyboard of a story more similar to Beelzebub, and this time I remember getting the okay immediately! I probably won't get to use this idea anymore, so please read it to pay it a funeral hommage."

Fed-Kun's army
I remember reading this a while ago, I still wish this was a full on series.

it's weird that i remember reading many chapters of this
that i just scrolled through and though the first chapter was kinda cool the rest was pretty much muh
?????

Aggregator gang
From what @Lyendith said, sounds like editors yet again suppressed a good artistic vision in favor of more of the same "safe" shit. Considering Hungry Marie got cancelled after 30 chapters we can see how well that turned out.

I wanted THIS to get serialized. Instead we got Hungry Marie... what a letdown.

If this was made into a series it would have been hella good and a really enjoyable read....

Users who are viewing this thread