To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Vol. 17 Ch. 131 - Freshman

Aggregator gang
@Finalegend I agree it looks a lot like a death flag for that gekota girl, but it might be more light-hearted, like she only graduated and left the city?

Given this takes place a month into Mikoto's first year in Tokiwadai, we're now a couple of months before the NT11 flashbacks and the Biohacker SS. Meaning, we're before Mikoto and Misaki met Touma. I'm actually excited for Railgun for the first time in a long while. Between getting to see some of Mikoto before she chased spiky hair, I actually love seeing that we get to see some of the more boorish and childish aspects of her character that haven't been seen for a while in Railgun. Here's to my hopes that this arc is a step up from the last two.

Hmm... We might just get the Kuroko + Misaka backstory on this one. I am actually really excited for this arc, lets hope we don't get dissapointed with more loose plot ends.

yea now that someone else mentioned it--i am looking forward to discovering how kuroko made her own misaka fanclub which only has two members and that meets in their room.

sometimes even in misakas bed.

This is the most promising start to a Railgun Arc since Daihaseisai when Shokuhou was first introduced.

Hope it can wash away the bad taste of the Jailbreaker Arc.

Dex-chan lover
bra-less, open shirt, but wears shorts under her skirt. I'm not sure what Ruri is going for here. Imagine if Mikoto mirrored the rest of style and went full gyaru.

Dex-chan lover
@Finalegend
Dead? Nah. Mikoto might think so, but that girl's still alive as an abomination of science, ready to pop up at the worst time.

Looks like Mikoto's gonna be taking the wearing shorts under her skirt, wearing those baggy socks look from Ruri.
Also, as this takes place in May in Mikoto's first year, this takes place before the flashbacks in NT11 and the Biohacker SS.
Can't help but get the feeling we'll get some passing references to those, like
Ayu getting attacked by the 3 Gokusai sisters
There's also the fact that Touma calls Misaki flat, so I'm guessing Misaki uses Mikagami's esper abilities to get the chest that she has now.

A good start to the arc, I just hope it stays that way, unlike Jailbreaker.

According to the author, they've been wanting to write this forever, but the timing hasn't been good.

Thinking about this flashback and multiple things that happens, we can probably see how Mikoto was basically lead to being bullied during her first year. Because Kuroko mentioned that Mikoto was being bullied by her last roommate and I feel like the school probably knew about the bullying and allowed the room swap to essentially deal with it a bit. Also when Misaki removed Kuroko's memory of Mikoto, Kuroko seemed to have shown a bit of disdain towards her, like there might've been rumors about how Mikoto looks down on (doesn't care) about those on the lower levels like depicted here. Mikoto was also shown to not really have many friends in the school and most of the ones she became friendly with are basically those on a grade below her's. She also goes to extreme lengths for these friends so I wonder if there's also a reason for that as well. Many theories going through my head rn and they all connect somehow to me, so i'm pretty excited for this arc xD

Aggregator gang
Wow, an actually interesting chapter? In my Railgun manga?! It sure has been a while.

Dex-chan lover
Oh a flashback arc, I am looking forward to see the relationship between the two Tokiwadai lvl 5, when Mikoto is the only person in the world she cant brainwash and how insecure she is when she cant control the other person.

@tsukari741 really someone managed to bully Mikoto? thats interesting because its true that Mikoto is kind but she isnt frail.

Users who are viewing this thread