To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

@littleoni No no no That is still Touma's Dragon and not Izzard's Imagination.
If we consult Volume 2 of the novels The Dragon 'at that time' was made visible because of Touma's blood.
Volume 2 Chapter 4 part 2:
"An abnormal change seemed to appear on the sliced off part on Kamijou’s right shoulder that was spurting out blood like a fountain. The blood flow started to increase, and it looked like a transparent glass statue had fresh blood spilled all over it, as an unbelievable object started to shape itself."

Here is a another quote from volume 2 about Touma having doubts (Volume 2 Chapter 4 part 2):

"Logically, it should be like that… but in that situation, did Aureolus Izzard really think of such a tremendous imagination like
there would be a transparent Dragon King’s Head from the sliced-off part on Kamijou’s right arm’?
Though the probability was low.
But what if, just what if, that monster was unrelated to Aureolus’ power?"
-end

Also if we go beyond and read Index NT 18 it would suggest that
-The Invisible Thing grows
Reference NT 18 Chapter 4 Part 4:
Aiwass: “Ha ha!! It seems to have grown some, but it still has a long way to go. And its purity leaves much to be desired. Aleister, you’ve been making detours, haven’t you!?”

Also those Dragons seem to be 'related' to Thelema, and most probably Beast666.
And if Fan theory is true that those dragon/s may have been The Stooping Dragon then,
It kinda fits the narrative of Imagine Breaker being used to save people and the Invisible Thing being used to condemn people.

@Yomiel-Metathronos
This is some deep necromancy right here.
Anyway, Kazuma's work is quite hard to read overall, things are often presented to the reader in a perspective perverted by the character's knowledge, while some other times the reader is given absolute knowledge that no character has.
"The Invisible Thing" or "The Thing Within" is an actual thing. As far as we know, it has a material form that can manifest as long as the Imagine Breaker isn't there. But it's invisible, on one hand. On the other, the only ability it has manifested is literally granting Touma's wishes in a most literal way. The Dragonstrike is not something Touma wished for, and he was still affected by Ars Magna; Aureolus was unstable and trully believed Touma to be a monster because of his right hand. So it's reasonable to assume that the Dragonstrike was actually a product of Ars Magna, while we can also assume that "The Thing Within" altered Ars Magna to work that way, since there doesn't seem to be a limit as to what can and what cannot be changed by it (it has randomly failed sometimes, and it has randomly done impossible things some other times).

@littleoni Difference between Light Novel and Anime:
Novel:
Izzard thinks Touma is a monster after seeing the Dragon Head.
Anime:
Izzard thinks Touma is a monster and then the Dragon Head appears.

Both of which happened after Izzard thinks Ars Magna has lost its Power.

LN readers all agree that Deep Blood Arc was rushed and butchered. Believe me that there are a lot of things that Index Anime Director failed adapting. *Cough Touma's Backstory *Cough

Still I am Inclined to believe (a little) about what you said that Ars Magna 'may have' altered the invisible thing. (Meaning Touma meeting Izzard was just another step in Aleister Plan.)

But after the reveal that Esper science is actually just
sufficiently analyzed magic, and Aleister cast a spell that manipulates Human subconscious to separate the Magic side from Science.

And that Academy City and its Esper residents are
The second coming of Thelema with academy city being its Temple
I still think those dragons may actually be something related to Thelema.

@Yomiel-Metathronos
I don't intend to make an argument chain out of this, and there is pretty much no material to analyze beyond what was already told. Both theories are valid as far as we know. It's just that both gods and angels have been given very high status in the Indexverse: their manifestations are allmighty, and spells based on them are the strongest. On the other hand, dragons don't appear at all. The only mention is Saint Georges legend in which a dragon is killed (and given the status of a Saint of legend like George, that could even give birth to a dragon killer spell like Saint Peter's flight interruption). Aside from that, there are no other mentions to dragons as a kind, only individuals. Also, there are no dragons in Aleister's tale (I mean the real Aleister). Academy City can be seen as an interpretation of his actual ideology, so are the demons that appear, and so is Aiwass.
And about Deep Blood ... It's a funny story. Kazuma is a weird person. When he handed in the first manuscript of Index he had no trust in the series at all. He won the award, but he still didn't think he would get a serialization. Two and a half months later, Maki called him asking about how was the second part going ... And it was not going at all. So, long story short, Deep Blood Arc was written in about a week. That's why it's mostly nonsense that never again appears or has any influence on the narrative: no more vampires, knights work differently, etc.

@ littleoni I won't argue any further but will add a reminder.

Níðhöggr, a dragon-like being actually appeared in the series. Mikoto even saw it in person.
Aiwass, a great being in Thelema, was actually called codename: DRAGON in this series .

And of course there would be no dragon mentioned in the real life Aleister Crowley's tale, as you are looking at Aleister's real life version.
But you see this real life Aleister is an Occultist. He has written books and led Thelema based cult.
Thelema as a mythos is like a thesis of various Mythologies. Serpent-like and Dragon-like entities exist in that Mythos.
Ever heard of the Eight-headed Stooping Dragon? Yeah those are part of the Real life Crowley's works.

I'm sure that there will be some explanation about why that girl has the dragon. What bugs me is how Mikoto can recognize it when she shouldn't have seen it before. I bet that will be glossed over and not explained.

Group Leader
> What bugs me is how Mikoto can recognize it when she shouldn't have seen it before. I bet that will be glossed over and not explained.

Mikoto saw it in ch.69

Was wondering, what is the timeline for this ark? I understand it's still happening during Old Testament, but is it before or after Aqua battle?

Dex-chan lover
so... Where's the HOT single 2D girls in my area??? i even got out of my house to look but i just found 3D girls... why are you like this mangadex?

Users who are viewing this thread