To Die In June

Dex-chan lover
I started reading this on Dynasty scans, and I even went through the release posts on Yuri-ism, but I still can't understand it thematically or catch it undertones
I'd be glad if someone can help me out

Group Leader
It’s a bit too abstract (and probably hard to translate) in the beginning but it gets a bit clearer in chapter 2-3.

Aggregator gang
Huh, I thought this would end once June came, but there's still a lot of chapters left.

Fed-Kun's army
@FiddlePop - What's there not to understand? It's about the end of WW2 in the Pacific theatre when Japanese forces were being pushed back to the homeland and suffered one defeat after another.

The artwork at first was a bit... unusual, but what strong storytelling. "I lived like I was dead and died as I lived" - great stuff.
And the stupid men - they call women "useless", yet there are all these teenage girls fighting and dying . The men had failed in their duty to protect the women, so the soldier blamed them instead. Dumb *beep*s.

Dex-chan lover
The work did amazing in portraying the cruelty and horrors of war, while portraying the worst of humanity, without generalization or simplifying the conflict. War breeds contempt, and the tension between not only between opposing nation but also from within as well, escalates until it burst. Outstanding work.

Pretty abstract but it's an amazing piece of work. Really a tragedy and just wow.

I get what it's going for and when it hits it hits hard, but it meanders a bit too much for it to have any real staying power. It's the kind of series I wish I could recommend, but ultimately came away from it fairly dissatisfied. Wouldn't recommend, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread