To Your Eternity - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Final One

The fact that now Fushi might never be able to transform into this boy because his ghost already passed into 'heaven' makes me tear up. Hopefully, he truly never forgets him.

Dex-chan lover
rereading this ahead of the anime adaptation. this fucking chapter gets me every time FUCk ;_;

Banned
... When that thing first imitated the dead wolf, complete with the wound... I got some serious Hollow Child vibes from it.

Aggregator gang
Still the best chapter of manga ive ever read. The anime better do this justice.

im cryyyyinggg 😭 like this the most sadest thing ive ever read i hope it/he finds happiness

Man. Its beaten ma heart really hurt. I cant hold it. M crying so fcking hard. Even ITS still on first chapter

I was bored so I shall try to explain the reason why this chapter in the manga made us so sad if you disagree please don't hesitate to point out what you do not agree with. So here's my explanation:

The reason why we feel sad is that we can connect to the main character, you may be going 'I don't see a where I connect to the character' and that's what makes it so good; we unconsciously connect with it. You see, the character being lonely shows us that we're lonely as well that's 1 of the connections we make; another is the journey, as he ventures across the ice land he tries to accomplish his goal. The author makes the journey and portrays it in a way in which we don't question the journey instead we connect with it unconsciously, We're all scared of being alone, never being able to reach our goal, and dying as a lonely person. Humans are made to be connected; to be as 1 within a community of people, that's what makes this chapter... no sorry, this series so good, it explains how lonely the character at the start is, we don't even get to know his name. He's just another dead boy who failed to accomplish his goal.

Users who are viewing this thread