To Your Eternity - Vol. 14 Ch. 129.1 - Words That Do Not Reach (1)

Double-page supporter
@NoraDaimio I won't drop It but only because I kinda expect an awful twist for Mizuha (as in, she ends up genuinely suffering. Because then she may actually develop and become decent). And I'm also lowkey waiting for Fushi to actually understand what Hayase did to Parona, and how she manipulated history. But I may as well be waiting for nothing because If that were to happen then Fushi would be too plot smart for the author to handle lmfao I guess that's the main problem currently writting wise, for things to work and stay stagnant, Fushi himself needs to remain stupid and stagnant. He can't get too smart or else the author won't know what to do with him. It also doesn't help the author is mostly well versed in character interactions than worldbuilding.

Dex-chan lover
This an entirely different genre now. I am not having fun reading this anymore.

Dex-chan lover
man, I hope this mizuha arc doesn't last long. She is so horribly annoying

Dex-chan lover
People always complain when this manga is building up its arcs lmfao It's been like 5 years and they are still at it

Dex-chan lover
If it wasn't a shounen manga Fushi would've probably fucked around quite a bit by now, given how important it obviously is to human existence. It's like if he made it to chapter 129 without ever eating food.

Dex-chan lover
I

I

I actually feel her

This is getting a bit easier to understand

Fushi, do you like me? Are you riding?
Say you'll never ever leave from beside me
'Cause I want you, and I need you
And I'm down for you always

I just want the original girl to be revived. The one who killed the Fushi's mom. (I forgot their names, it's been so long)

Just wait till they get to sex ed class
Fushi cant stay dumb forever, even if it there is no interest from his part understanding romance and sex is part of understanding humanity
Also I think I missed the part about the blond girl who tripped while running, is that her first appearance ?

reu

Dex-chan lover
@TsumomoiHedeka
What makes you think he doesn't know about sex? Living things make more living things then they die.
It's love he has a problem with

Double-page supporter
@TsumomoiHedeka Watch him have the same alien reaction he is had to like 90% of the shit he is come across in the new world.

The fact is, Fushi will never truly act human because he is never been socialized as such. That's also a huge reason why he acts like such an oddball too. If he were to have kids, I would feel sorry for them tbh lmfao

I think he may connect what Hayase was trying to do to him with sex ed tho. At best.

Don't get the hate, this arc is really good. This manga was always about Fushi's progressive character development, not the fights or anything else. They're finally tackling the topic of romantic love (not batshit insane hereditary lust), and you're complaining? It's not like the plot is stuck in time either, we know there's someone else meddling with the dead now as well.

Dex-chan lover
Snowflakes will drop this manga just because this is calming moment

An enthusiasts JAMG like me anticipate the storm that might befall in this
modern time arc.

Snowflakes plebs doesn't see something wrong with this arc, which are :
> Man In Black doesn't appear anywhere
> Knockers are presumable extinct, but the tragedy is not stopped
> Mizuha becomes murderer unconsciously
> People now can heal themselves or reviving themselves with or without their original faie

Either this is because Man In Black is the true last boss, or mutating knockers is making their move.

Hayase's genes have literally been trying to sleep with Fushi for over 800 years.

At the very least, her persistence certainly warrants it if she finally succeeds.

Dex-chan lover
Hayase entire bloodline is cursed. At this point I would not be surprised if even the dead mom ghost starts flirting with Fushi.

I don't really understand the guys that are dropping this great manga cause the manga turned back to introducing new characters and developing them but that is the purpose of the story that fushi will meet people that will develop his character along the story line (fighting nokers and destroying them as they want to exterminate all humans from existence) and if you don't like this arc why bother reading from the start that was very similar to now

Fed-Kun's army
@Titanfan548 I can think of a few possible reasons why there wasn't a scene of people asking Fushi about his name meaning "immortal."
1- Maybe because of redundancy (it having already been a scene that has played out a few times in the story).
2- Japanese names are often made up of Kanji that carry special meaning. Japanese names carrying symbolism is not only a very common thing in Japanese stories (since that's an added layer of characterization and it's as a result most of the time played out as if it was a normal name even though the name is far fancier than normal Japanese names).
For example, there's Ryuugamine Mikado (one of the central characters of Durarara) who is in-story called out for his name being special and sounding manga/anime-like. (In Kanji, Ryuugamine Mikado is written as "竜ヶ峰帝人". Ryuugamine means dragon's mountain" and Mikado means "emperor," and put together it can roughly mean "Emperor of the Dragon Peak." Moreover, the second character "ヶ" is rare for surnames and is often a noble's name, so it sounds classic.)
Another example would be Light Yamagi from Death Note. Here's what I found online about his name (and about such naming conventions):
夜神月 is pronounced "Yagami Raito" and commonly romanised as "Yagami Light". His name, like that of many anime characters, carries a lot of symbolism in the characters that it's written with.

夜 or "yoru" can mean night or evening and is the ya- part of the name, while 神 or "kami" means god and is the -gami part. As such Light's last name literally means "god of the night" which I think is a pretty neat bit of symbolism.

His first name is a little more interesting, and sometimesni think this must be an awful pun by the creators...

月 is the japanese character for "month" or "moon" and on its own can be pronounced as "getsu" "gatsu" or "tsuki" so we've got a bit of symbolism there. Oddly there isn't any way that this character can actually be read as "raito"

There's been an odd phenomenon among Japanese parents for years that is slowly on the rise, parents name their children with cute or interesting looking or sounding names, but the kanji used have almost no correlation to how the name is pronounced.

For example 光宙 contains the characters "hikari" meaning light or shine, and "chuu" which means midair or floating. The actual pronunciation of this child's name was "pikachu" despite the characters not actually being able to be read as such.

月 is also a result of this phenomenon, as there's no way that it can actually be pronounced how it actually sounds; "raito"

The term for this phenomenon is "kira-kira naming."

Think about that

Furthermore, 月 is a four-stroke kanji. The number 4 in Japanese is considered as unlucky as 13 in Western culture or maybe even more so. This is because it can be pronounced as "shi" which also means death.
(Edit: I forgot to add the source of the quote, so now here it is: https://aminoapps.com/c/death-note/...ght's last name,pretty neat bit of symbolism. )

Finally, to close this second possibility, as mentioned a little in what I quoted above, it's not unheard of for even irl Japanese names to be made up of Kanji characters with peculiar or fancy meanings on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread