To Your Eternity

For the most part, yeah I don't think this arc is as good as the previous ones, but it is a pretty big shift for Fushi.

I agree that Fushi should be confronting Hayate's descendents more directly, but at the same time, they're all so fucking crazy yanderes that I feel like nothing he could say would get through to them. I dunno if he's really in a situation where he oughta kill them or anything either, and there isn't really a way for him to escape them without fleeing from most of humanity as well.

While it's not like any of her descendents are at fault for what she did, none of them really seem like they're going to end up any better... we'll see though, I guess.

Fed-Kun's army
Concerning the Defense Corps;
Remember that Fushi is against murder and death. He spared Hisame the first time because she was both innocent, and a child. And the later descendants approached him to let him know that the Defense Corps was protecting people from Knockers. While Hayase's actions were wrong and her lineage was tainted by her madness and the Knocker symbiote, her descendants are innocent individuals - Fushi won't kill them to satisfy a grudge. And ultimately the Defense Corps has faithfully fought Knockers for generations, and protected people for hundreds of years, in line with Fushi's personal goals, and with the directive given by the Black Hood - so Fushi understands that they are beneficial and should not be destroyed.

And concerning the line of Hayase:
By the time we come to Kahak, Fushi has seen the life and death of a dozen such descendants. (Keeping in mind that the succession tends to skip generations: Hisame was the first successor, but the third generation, Oumi never became a successor in the fourth generation, her daughter Ushio became the second successor in the fifth generation, her daughter in the sixth generation was skipped, and Chisui became the third successor in probably the seventh generation, etc.)

Most likely, each and every one of them has come on to him and asked to make a child with him. (Because they've been taught that this is the secret goal of their entire family, because their ancestor Hayase was the first to spread the divinity of Fushi, and that means they should be the first to join their lineage with such a supreme being.)

Just look at some of their faces over the years - some of them seem to be truly adoring, utterly enchanted, entirely ready to embark upon an epic romantic relationship, as if they were born to meet Fushi and bear his child. (And they really were, if you take Hayase's records seriously.)

Most likely, each and every one of them has dutifully reported their progress, such as how many people were saved, how many Knockers were destroyed, how many people learned to defend themselves, and more. It wouldn't be unlikely that Fushi knows the entire history of their organization, especially if any of those girls was persistently chatty, or tried to impress him, or wanted to get closer.

Based on the succession of leadership every other generation, and with Kahak as the sixth successor in probably the 13th generation, it is nearly 250 years after Hayase. (If you assume that each generation produces a female child at the age of 20.) That's 250 years of people coming to you to say, "We're doing good things in your name." That's 250 years of people saying, "I like you. I love you. I want to have your child." After 250 years, you'd expect Fushi to have gotten used to the Defense Corps following him around, and the Hayase family's boy-crazy antics.

I just picked this up and read straight to about chapter 30 (end of Gugu & co. arc). What a great manga already so far.

i dont know...
i think after the prisoner island, the one with 40 years skip

the manga became...
stale? boring?
I think it can only get here, for a story that does not have a clear end goal

Fed-Kun's army
this latest chapter raise so many question,
1) if the one following Fushi is the closest one, why white boy & Parona ghost not following Fushi?
2) maybe Pyoran not following Fushi because she get reincarnated, then does white boy & Parona got reincarnated too?

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@herianforce
Oh boy.
Looks like he can now create temperatures high enough to melt iron.

Group Leader
@hidayato

1) if the one following Fushi is the closest one, why white boy & Parona ghost not following Fushi?
2) maybe Pyoran not following Fushi because she get reincarnated, then does white boy & Parona got reincarnated too?

About the white boy we still don't know, or his soul has been lifted to heaven, about parona, Fushi don't know about her death.
I'm sure who following fushi is not just closest one, but have an ambitions for him, or something

Pyoran still be a mystery, just look at this
http://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/-ZnIkOmdfMFM/WnHmn0nuivI/AAAAAAACeMo/2kPhzdJSfRwcDQlW3CFRAV14_krPNyLIACHMYCw/s0/IMG_219.jpg

I don't know, with that sphere, maybe the black hood man created another one, or... yeah, let the story guide us ?

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/to-you-the-immortal/

It's a good one. It's super depressing but a good, unusual story. I like it a lot.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
@herianforce
Man, what is Kahak doing all this time. Fushi has to free himself, jump in to save Todo and the boy and then rescue Bon? Come on. How do think you will capture Fushi's heart like that.

Group Leader
@G-P

29250150607_970d714959_o.jpg

44186777791_2d7e409713_o.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@ hidayato
It appears to only be the closest that follow him, however, as for the white boy, I'm assuming it's because it's his first human form and he wasn't fully understanding human concepts or even emotions really. He got the image and body pushed after he died, but unlike the other spirits who knew him as a person, white boy only knew him as Johann the silly dog. Another explanation might be that the White Boy never realized that Fushi was an immortal, and this realization is required for this aftereffect? As in, if white boy only perceives him as a dog he wouldn't "haunt" him after death.

Parona is on the same tier as Tanori and all the other characters he managed once he found out he could do people like that.

Though the way he's so obviously missing makes me think it's a plot point, but this is my guess.

Group Leader
@Chrona

In my opinion

like i said before, the one who haunted fushi, just they who want him or ambitions for him.

But different cases for Hayase, I think her spirit/will still remains with her 's descendants witth her "knocker", and also Fushi realized her death after 40 years.

If theory said, the one who haunted Fushi is the one who when he knew about their death, I agree with this, but it's not completely clear. When Tonari's friends died, Fushi was beside them, but their spirit not followed him.

And the reason why Parona, Rean, Beer Gramps, and Gugu's brother not followed him, because Fushi doesn't know about their death.
And about Pyoran, i think Fushi also like that, He didn't see a Death signs for Pyoran.
I mean death signs something like a throbing black bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread