Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I know right. Things might be sub-optimal, but they wouldn't be worthless.
If archery is worthless, any combat class is. (which is stupid as archers are the ranged physical DPS in most MMORPGs)
And why wouldn't there be late game player crated only potions. And if player made pots are stronger, wouldn't there be a market for those?
Stealth(no move) with range attack, no one's thought of that before. <groan>
Boost looks to be a plus in raid/farming, minus pvp where you want burst.
I'm already ranting and I just started, not good.

The perks and their weaknesses exist to drive the plot, which is, y'know, normal.

In-Universe
As of this chapter, the game just launched (probably with a restrictive beta period) and literally all theorycrafting done about the game is likely made with secondhand knowledge and the patented internet standard of Jumping to Conclusions. Plus Earth doesn't strike me as the kind that would do extensive research before jumping in.

Aka Earth decides on the value of perks based on youtube comments and capslock forum titles, which is likely not the most accurate of sources.

To break it down with possible reasons (as if this was a real game):
Archery - if aiming isn't computer assisted, then melee is just more accurate.
Stealth - again, if aiming isn't computer assisted, then melee is better. Plus, given it's an MMO, anything bigger than a mob unit will have bundles of health. Why spend two perks (Stealth+Archer) when you can take a melee skill and something else that's consistently good?
Potions - Take something that complements your melee so you don't get hit.
Phys boost - Again, take something that complements your melee so you can get your kills in faster.
Kick - see above.

Aggregator gang
So you're telling me that Stealth And Bow isn't a thing? YOU DON'T PLAY SKYRIM DON'T YOU.

archery potions cooking manufacture eagle eye? Kinda sounds like only sense online.

okay, the skills that MC chose.
Archery- if you can't hit your intended target, readjust where you're shooting.
Kicking- he really could've picked a better CQC skill, but it works.
Wind magic- wind magic really isn't a combat magic by itself, but paired with a bow, you should be able to curve arrows or shoot them farther.
Apothecary- with this, you don't need to buy potions and you can make medicine in the wilderness where there are no NPCs or sell them to adventurers in the wilderness for higher than market value. Plus, you should also be able to make poisons and poison arrows with this skill.
Stealth- looking at the description and adding some of my assumptions to it, stealth is a very useful skill assuming that you're basically invisible to the enemy when you are still.
Cooking- food is essential to life so it's a incredibly important skill for long journeys
Carpentry- carpentry is a vital skill for building shelters in the wilderness
Manufacturer- you shouldn't really need to buy small parts with this skill.
Eagle eye- this is basically a long range inspection skill, so it should be useful to archers.
Physical boost- this is a very useful skill with a bow as bows are really strong and hard to pull back. And doing this quickly and easily will improve accuracy and firing speed. Plus, specialized skills should be harder to get later in the game and people with physical boost should do better in the long run. (not to mention he will kick harder)

in conclusion, the skills that MC picked are very useful (in a real life game) and were very wise choices on his part

Dex-chan lover
@BlueWyvern The wind magic really shouldn't be any worse as straight up attack magic than other elements unless there's balancing issues, which is certainly not unexpected on day one. Authors and game devs have had decades worth of coming up with ideas for all the classic elements. Depending on the setting, lightning is often a part of the air element too, so that can be a big boost offensively.

He's either an idiot or the author is... I cant decide. So far? Not a good sign.

Fed-Kun's army
Absolute first impressions, this gives Only Sense Online vibes.

riz

and here i though from long time ago mille going to be the heroine as first girl as heroine rule.....
never expect that she's going to be someone else harem member......

I refuse to believe that "Stealth Archer" is unpopular. Its literally everyone's first choice in all Elder Scrolls games. Only those who are aware of how easy it is decide to do fun stuff.

@Drinkfist "Every Elder Scrolls game"
You mean Skyrim-only, right? In Oblivion and Morrowind it's way easier to choose a magic-based class instead because you have way more advantage with them instead of archery, mainly because your skill level also affected your efficiency there. In Daggerfall and Arena the best choices were melee type classes because there were many dungeons with nearly no way to hide or use stealth archer characteristics. So yeah, stealth archer is more like a Skyrim-only thing, at least in popularity. I'm not saying there is no room for it in the prequels but there were other, more advantageous classes/builds.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the author or just the mc that seriously lack mmo knowledge and have very very very flawed views about the skillsets or plain false.

Fed-Kun's army
I would hate it if there was an MMO like this where Archery is "bad" because Archer is easily the most fun class imo

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, he discovered Sneak Attack With A Shortbow! Before you know it, this bastard is going to be 5ft stepping all over the place!

Users who are viewing this thread