Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Vol. 8 Ch. 66.2

Dex-chan lover
When that woman started undressing, I thought we'd get some fanservice.
Well, I guess seeing a church destroyed and a pope killed is fanservice enough.

@kwendy - well, the thing is, they made the NPCs too clever. Now they can't really control them, so if the dragons got angry, they'll go and rain destruction, even if there are no players to witness that.
... will they eventually hack their way out of the game, and take over the real world?

@Kenju - I'm pretty sure the dragons did not sign up for it. Or any other international treaties. Yet they consider themselves to be a separate country.
Arguably, players who serve in any real military are bound by Geneva convention when playing in such a world.

@CountryMage
Yes, they did. I can confirm that there was an exchange between the white and the black dragon chiefs in the LN - the white dragon asking if they should spare women and children, the black dragon saying they won't, cause the Gehennacross cult stole the future from their children.

@flannan
Well, the devs are basically trying to create a separate world, inhabited by AIs and eventually disconnect it fully from the real one, from what I've seen in the previous chapters(there was a dev conversation, don't recall the number of the chapter)...

Dex-chan lover
That's it? I was under the impression, they would be a whole nation. Alright. They took out the leading nobles, that brown nosed their way into their temples behind, and the cult leaders, but if there really is a devoted, nationwide fellowship, like it looked, this would be far from over. Some idiot, that screams for revenge, will always rise up, if left alone. Edit: I keep forgetting this isn't an isekai, but of the video game genre.

Double-page supporter
bruh, well they did ask for it. Made enemies with everyone and also had no allies or someone who is powerful to be consider a national treasure? I assume they are just a cult and not a human nation.

@Osarumon ; I believe you mis-took what the Dragon's actions truly were. It wasn't just Dragons taken hostage, but many different races including PC adventurers. It wasn't just a nation they took for granted; it was everything around them. They experimented on beings they saw as their lessers and forced them into indentured servitude. Even if the vast majority of the nation was innocent; that research exists. It was research and techniques meant to subjugate and indoctrinate races forcibly into a kamikaze based militia. The Dragons saw removal of the nation as the best and cleanest option to prevent not only the nation from resurfacing but also to remove any traces of the techniques used. It is a dire consequence that it had to be done; but it was done with the forethought of everyone else and not just them. It wasn't vengeance as much as removal of a potential problem that forced the world to buckle. I don't know how large that in-game world and how much it can take since their reactions on inter-species war is unique enough to elicit responses that often have them recoiling in recollection of a tragic history. Not just the Fae, the Elves, the Loong, or the Beastpeople; but even the Demons.

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t understand the earlier plot point of the fairy queen and her “little sister” loong girl being the only true ai introduced by the author way early on. Why the fuck would you flesh out all these npc characters like real people with no discernible difference from your “real” ai but claim they’re not intelligent? It just shits all over the characters.

@tigerstar186
The thing is, it seems they're doing the leaders or key figures as AIs first, while communicating with them directly, and letting them shape the world, and slowly upgrading all the NPCs to AIs - they grow more intelligent, as the protagonist notices. Also, the devs seem to play some parts in the game world too. The loong king for example is one of the devs (I didn't see that in the manga, or it was too vague for me to notice, but you can clearly see it in the LN).
The elvish girls (the elf and the dark elf) we've seen in one of the chapters are also AIs. They are basically like players, placed in the pivot points of the world, fully aware what that world and the human players are.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine that sort of content being erased like that. What was the point, even? Why create a whole empire, a whole villainous faction that is hostile towards any player and NPC...And it gets removed after 1 major quest, that didn't even take that long to complete.
'Feels like a waste of time, tbh.

@Solipsist guess it makes sense considering the fact the MC had a lot of impact on the war, it would've dragged on and the fairy kingdom might've even lost if it wasn't for him. Which means it COULD'VE gone on for longer, but it didn't due to player impact. Which I guess is the point.

Users who are viewing this thread