Today I was defrauded.

Dex-chan lover
Am sad. :meguuusad: Am I too trusting and gullible? :fml: Guy on Steam I never met talked to me... Told me he had wrongly reported me because his friend had copied my profile and was abusing items and exploits... Told me to appeal to a moderator on Discord... Guy asked for my e-mail adress.... I gave it... He changed my account's email and password and held it hostage (to verify I was innocent), saying it was going to be deleted because I had too many violations unless I got him Steam gift cards.... It was just one at the start... Then he asked for 200USD worth... Saying he would refund the gift cards... Thankfully my bank prevented some of those transactions from going through, but at the end he was asking up to 700 CAD. I had my doubts, previously being a victim of identity theft.... Went to Best Buy... They confirmed it was a scam. I went back home on foot , running because I had to cancel my credit card now... Didn't have lunch that day... :fml: Confronted the guy, thankfully he left once I showed him a website from Steam regarding the kind of scam he was doing. Now I have to ask Steam to restore my account and hopefully I can get my games back... :meguuusad: But that's still 200 USD I won't get back. :cry:

Let this be a lesson to you all! Never give away your credit card info. Never give personal info. I paid the price. This time it's all on me. :fml: (I was impersonnated in the past against my knowledge) How one thing can ruin an otherwise happy day...

Dex-chan lover
Am sad. :meguuusad: Am I too trusting and gullible? :fml: Guy on Steam I never met talked to me... Told me he had wrongly reported me because his friend had copied my profile and was abusing items and exploits... Told me to appeal to a moderator on Discord... Guy asked for my e-mail adress.... I gave it... He changed my account's email and password and held it hostage (to verify I was innocent), saying it was going to be deleted because I had too many violations unless I got him Steam gift cards.... It was just one at the start... Then he asked for 200USD worth... Saying he would refund the gift cards... Thankfully my bank prevented some of those transactions from going through, but at the end he was asking up to 700 CAD. I had my doubts, previously being a victim of identity theft.... Went to Best Buy... They confirmed it was a scam. I went back home on foot , running because I had to cancel my credit card now... Didn't have lunch that day... :fml: Confronted the guy, thankfully he left once I showed him a website from Steam regarding the kind of scam he was doing. Now I have to ask Steam to restore my account and hopefully I can get my games back... :meguuusad: But that's still 200 USD I won't get back. :cry:

Let this be a lesson to you all! Never give away your credit card info. Never give personal info. I paid the price. This time it's all on me. :fml: (I was impersonnated in the past against my knowledge) How one thing can ruin an otherwise happy day...
you were in fact too gullible, scammers are the worse type of people who prey on people like yourself next time dont believe anything anyone says they are almost always lying.

Dex-chan lover
I'm being honest though. =.=
I feel bad for you then, hope you can get your account back and rip 200$ dollars. Also, take stuff with skepticism and hopefully not be as gullible next time when dealing with those types of stuff. Hope this lesson will prevent you from making this type of mistake again.

May steam support actually help you, they rarely help even when dealing with accounts. (I cannot stop laughing though every time I read the post. sorry lol.)

Dex-chan lover

:shamihuh: :facepalm: bro how stupid can you be? why would you even listen to someone asking for personal information online? never share your private information with anyone online much less A GUY YOUVE NEVER TALKED TO BEFORE jesus i hope you get your money back and you learned a lesson

Dex-chan lover
Dont forget to use different complex password 12 char min with special characters for each of your internet stuff, use an offline password manager like keypass or whatever you feel like its easier for you. Use multiple throwaway emails based on your usage (financial ones separate from internet forum/discord/friends/social media).

Dex-chan lover
Dont forget to use different complex password 12 char min with special characters for each of your internet stuff, use an offline password manager like keypass or whatever you feel like its easier for you. Use multiple throwaway emails based on your usage (financial ones separate from internet forum/discord/friends/social media).
^ this. I use a fairly complex universal p assword for most stuff, then a single data breach fucked me over because this shopping site I used had shit security. these days I just let keep ass handle my p asswords. gotta back the thing up regularly, though.

Dex-chan lover
You are lucky the one defrauding you is a human. AI defrauding is even more difficult to track because they can and will shut down your email, your credit card, and even your badges.

I say, pay C.O.D., even if it has a limit ( some C.O.D. accepts only a max amount ). This way you won't be defrauded.

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: :facepalm: bro how stupid can you be? why would you even listen to someone asking for personal information online? never share your private information with anyone online much less A GUY YOUVE NEVER TALKED TO BEFORE jesus i hope you get your money back and you learned a lesson
Nah, talked with the bank and they can't refund me. :( I can try asking the merchant from whom I bought the stuff, but I doubt they'll let it go.

Dex-chan lover
....... mate, log out of mangadex and relog in and read what pops up. This applies to a MAJORITY of sites and services

Users who are viewing this thread