Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 35 - The Ball is Your Enemy. No Objections Allowed! (2)

Supporter
Their interactions didn't feel that cute anymore. They just feel stupid and dragged on.

And suddenly introducing two new female characters in a row (most likely to serve as love rival) just made me hate the author more because it's clear that they're there to force a harem. Even though it was a bit moving when Alya's sister (MC's first love) decided to step back for the sake of Alya.

There HAS BEEN a proper confession. Alya already confessed and Kuze heard her clearly (no fireworks or siren or any other stupid distractions), and yet he for some nonsensical reason refused to accept reality. Despite Alya dropping multiple obvious hints in this chapter too. And he's supposed to be smart. This is not a slow burn. This is just stupid writing.
He doesn't trust what she says in Russian to be her actual thoughts, though. Sometimes, sure, but he also knows she sometimes just vents.

Dex-chan lover
Alya: Welcome to the student council.

Kuze: Haha thanks.

the door opens and they see a kendo girl with the most intimidating glares

Kuze: ... I see, so this is the first boss I have to fight before being accepted huh.

Dex-chan lover
I think the faxt the protagonist isn't going to make a move is handled better than in other series I read,but still, I'm not so happy that the author immediately reset everything to the status quo.

Supporter
Really, a vent? In that situation, with Ayla focusing her fuwa fuwa aura onto him? Nah. It's just stupid writing.
I shoulda put "knows" in scare quotes because, although she does just let off steam in her native tongue, he's put all her declarations of affection in that particular box to avoid dealing with them. His accumulated childhood traumas -- here in particular, capped off by his experience of failure and abandonment with his first love -- have left him believing he can't be loved and, even if he somehow were, he wouldn't be worthy of that love. This is why Yuki goes to such insane lengths to remind him that's not the case from the familial side and why Masha is directly spoiling him now and will soon begin openly and relentlessly pursuing him with serious intent from the romantic side, all to break that mindset.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure that’s the Vice President given that she has a mole near her left eye as shown in chapter 27. Thought she would be more a passive personality than a “stern” kind of a girl. Thanks for the translation.
I preface by saying it's very wrong to use a sexual orientation as basis for a character trope, especially one deployed as a means to hinder the protagonists' objectives, romantic or not. With that in mind...

OH GREAT, HERE COMES THE LESBIAN RIVAL WHO HATES MC

Dex-chan lover
I shoulda put "knows" in scare quotes because, although she does just let off steam in her native tongue, he's put all her declarations of affection in that particular box to avoid dealing with them. His accumulated childhood traumas -- here in particular, capped off by his experience of failure and abandonment with his first love -- have left him believing he can't be loved and, even if he somehow were, he wouldn't be worthy of that love. This is why Yuki goes to such insane lengths to remind him that's not the case from the familial side and why Masha is directly spoiling him now and will soon begin openly and relentlessly pursuing him with serious intent from the romantic side, all to break that mindset.
I understand what you're trying to say, and normally you would have been right. That his childhood trauma made him do what he did. That it's the reason why he ignored the fact that Ayla often said her true feeling in Russian because she thought noone understood her (including those vents).

Unfortunately his childhood trauma and his "mistake" when he supported his sister were also stupid.

It's understandable for a kid to misunderstood the silence after his piano recital as something negative, but it's been years! Someone (his sister, parents, friends, anyone?) should have told him the truth about that silence reaction. News articles, testimonies, there should be a lot. Rather than noone telling him anything (you knew that the sister has repeatedly told MC that he's loved), it's most likely that MC has reacted similarly as he did towards Ayla's confession: denying it even though it's practically shoved onto his face. Either that or it's stupid writing.

It's a backstory filled with plotholes, and author used that "trauma" as the reason for MC's ridiculously twisted self-esteem. MC stopped supporting his sister because he felt guilty that the lowly yet capable him helped his sister win, and thus made someone (a stranger at that) lose. He regretted helping his sister because he felt sorry over a stranger. He felt that he's too lowly to make that stranger experience lost, and yet he also thought that he's so capable that he's the reason why that stranger lost.

No wonder ActuallyArma said in his spoiler that there's no real progress on their romance even after 7 light novel volumes.

Dex-chan lover
i know kuze has a low sense of self worth, but is there any way to make the whole thing any faster?? i know this is a ln adaptation but do light novels always have to mess around a lot before doing something???

edit: after thinking about it for a moment, i think i know why light novels always mess around or add fluff, i always forget lns are serialized like manga, so authors have every incentive to make shit longer, gotta pay the bills ya know. AND WE EAT THIS SHIT UP

Dex-chan lover
GAWD DAYM, Alya is being very sweet and affectionate this chapter. And I'm not even talking about the first half, but about that "you looked so cool". Because what she actually said is much much closer to "You're such a cutie-patootie" than to anything else

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

That was a lot of back and forth dynamics there but progress = 0 after all that :LOL:
And here comes a new agitator character

Aggregator gang
hah isnt dat towel like wat she used to wipe her sweat TT
he used that on his hair i-- TT

Dex-chan lover
If you're this frustrated from 35 chapters you may as well drop it now, this one is really a slow burn.
I've only read 7 of the 8 translated light novel volumes and there still hasn't been a proper confession between these two.
Brrruuuuuhhhh this is too funny to get mad at

Dex-chan lover
Guys I think I found the equivalent for the shenaningans that's been there since chapter 1
images

Users who are viewing this thread