Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 39 - May I Ask For Seconds...? (4)

Dex-chan lover
Neither Masachika nor Alya would be good for each other as romantic partners as they are.
Choosing partners based on what you feel at the moment rather than your base personality is how you end up with breakups the moment you change.

Dex-chan lover
As of the most recent volume, a barely tipsy Maria stripped topless, mounted Masachika and forcibly pulled his hands to her tits while Alya was busy suspecting he was actually engaged in an ongoing torrid sexual relationship with Yuki. I don't doubt title girl will eventually triumph, but she's in a really tough position these days.
How long is this gonna go on lmao
I love romcoms, but man, romcoms hate progressing the relationship

Dex-chan lover
Bit of russia trivia: "tea with jam" can be drinking eat while eating jam, that is eating jam 'v prikusku' (в прикуску) with tea; or just adding jam into tea itself and drinking it. I prefer the latter. Tea (black mostly, like earl grey for example) is good with anything in it. Jam, honey, some herbs, cinnamon, rum, cognac and etc.

(oh, and russians drink tea a lot, almost as much by volume on person as chinese do, seven cups a day? easy! morning or afternoon or evening? doesn't matter! as is it is summer or winter, just give me some tea goddamit)

(also my tea cup is 500 ml and it's not that big tbh)
I like bitter teas (usually black or herbal) + honey + milk + jam
I'll try cinnamon next time!

if I'm not adding anything, then just green, oolong, or white tea.

Supporter
Choosing partners based on what you feel at the moment rather than your base personality is how you end up with breakups the moment you change.
I don't deny your point in the slightest. What I meant by "as they are" was the psychological damage they each carry that would make a love connection at this point quite toxic. They both need quite a bit more work on getting themselves right first. I mean, Alya doesn't even know what her base personality is under all the shields she's erected.

Dex-chan lover
I don't deny your point in the slightest. What I meant by "as they are" was the psychological damage they each carry that would make a love connection at this point quite toxic. They both need quite a bit more work on getting themselves right first. I mean, Alya doesn't even know what her base personality is under all the shields she's erected.
For them to even start a relationship it means they have to get over at least a part of their problems. At most it would be a start to work towards a relationship at this point. And that wouldn't necessarily be toxic. It's also entirely possible to work through their issues while in a relationship. That might sound a bit volatile, but it also means they have good support from each other.

Basically, you can't tell what would and wouldn't happen, what would and wouldn't work. If they're set on avoidance, it's never even going to start unless someone else pushes them together, and if they're set on getting together, with each other, they're probably going to work it out eventually. But usually there's something in between, where they're working towards something they don't quite know what on their own.

Dex-chan lover
I like bitter teas (usually black or herbal) + honey + milk + jam
I'll try cinnamon next time!

if I'm not adding anything, then just green, oolong, or white tea.
I usually gulp cup after cup of earl grey, sometimes pour a third of my small cup of rum for sweetness (and a tiny bit of alcohol) and only some time, mostly in winter do jam and honey, mostly for sore throat, and a cinnamon with cranberry jam for christmassy feel!

Dex-chan lover
This feels like one of those few times that the final race between the sisters can go either way. I feel like Elder sister has a higher chance, due to Kuze sort of having a "first crush" mentality from his past with her (not sure if it is confirmed he did) but equally the childhood friend status is one of the strongest anime curses that affect the losing heroines.

I really want Alya to win against Maria but they are both great I will admit that much.

Dex-chan lover
This feels like one of those few times that the final race between the sisters can go either way. I feel like Elder sister has a higher chance, due to Kuze sort of having a "first crush" mentality from his past with her (not sure if it is confirmed he did) but equally the childhood friend status is one of the strongest anime curses that affect the losing heroines.

I really want Alya to win against Maria but they are both great I will admit that much.
As for current character dynamic, Alya being romantic interests would ultimately fail the relationship. She needs to open her heart first to accept something without involving her pride. Meanwhile, Kuze really really need to sort out his heart about what he truly seek in life. Will he be just following the flow? Or supports Alya as she tries to reach the stars? If he choose the former, then the relationship with Alya will fail. Maria might be a better choice for Kuze at the moment if he refuses to step out of the comfort zone, as it seems like Maria doesn't have that much of an ambition, unlike her younger sister.

Users who are viewing this thread