Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Stop! Don't Fight Over Me! (3)

Dex-chan lover
I liked the translated SFX. Thanks for putting in the extra effort for them.

Dex-chan lover
@TS
The SFX are done pretty well, so I'd say the question is rather: do YOU want to keep doing them? That's extra work and I believe no one has any right to demand them anyway

The SFXs are very well done. But they generally just don't get in the way of the art much, and have little influence on the storytelling compared to e.g action oriented shounen like One Piece. I'd say they're nice to have but don't enhance the reading experience by any significant margin. If it doesn't add to the total workload by much though, do it (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Pokemon Special looks different these days. Still great though; hopefully we get another chapter soon.

Lol at the drunk fatman. I assume Masachika will just super grab his arm and talk him down. I didn't notice the SFX at all, which means you did a good job. Go with your heart.

Dex-chan lover
i get this is just a manga but in the last chapter did they rly say compare being the president/ vice-president of a student council to being an elite of society? this shit is hilarious

Dex-chan lover
Yuki seems highkey annoying due to how smug she has been in most scenes. I hope she actually has more to her character than that/banking on childhood friend aspect. Ayla is mad cute, but the super tsundere part is killing me. Hopefully she breaks down the tsundere walls sooner than later. Also MC better beat tf out this guy
to be fair she is his sister

I don't think you should run yourself ragged if doing the sound effects is too much work. But, that being said, you did an amazing job with them, and I'm definitely in favor of keeping them up.

Dex-chan lover
Alya had good moves, but she never used them in fear of getting embarrassed. Yuki's teasing attitude meant she was always going to be the winner.

Kuze seems to have a lot of things he can do, but there's a lot of things he isn't doing. I wonder why? Yuki seems to be really fond of their time together, yet she never really seemed to help him after middle school.

Prez is pretty compassionate. He understands that Kuze doesn't want to join, but he's still willing to wait on him! And he was willing to treat him for such wonderful looking food for no benefit!

Kuze now has to defend Alya against this drunk adult who badmouths highschoolers. Kuze has a way with words, so I'm expecting this dude to be annoyed he can't get a word in. I'm hoping he ends up crying too!

Keep doing the SFX!

The pokemon esque artstyle lol. Such a cute chapter. Also I think the SFX translations are great, but my mind skims over it usually so I'm not a valid opinion lol

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! The SFX are enjoyable.
I could be remembering wrong but in a previous chapter wasn't it mentioned Yuki knows that Kuze understands Russian?
I might reread to confirm.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I swear to god if they make the pokemon battle in the anime too I'm gonna laugh so hard when it airs xD Love how I was playing pokemon violet while reading this haha

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread