Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - That Was... An Unfortunate Happening, Don't You Think...? (2)

Dex-chan lover
How does this series still have a 9.13 rating? The first volume I get it but personally I feel the writing took a pretty sharp downturn and the art is the only thing keeping me coming back.

Plot wise, we have just been going through the most generic tropes and the whole Russian language bit has devolved into her just speaking her thoughts out loud when it doesn't even make sense, they just want our MC to basically mind read her instead of having conversations.

Dex-chan lover
Tunic? Honestly looked way more like a frilly apron to me, than a tunic.
genuine question, do normal people really wear those fashionable clothes? my understanding you leave those clothes for events or you are just rich
I know some people complains they never got to use an outfit they payed way more than the cost of a weeks food on, or only got to wear it once. So yes, some outfits are for events. But you have to remember that some "events" are just "out on a date", or "exhibitionistically walking in public taking pleasure in ppl turning to look at your buttcrack as they realize your outfit doesn't have a back.", or "a night out drinking".

So no, from our perspective such outfits would never be worn, as you would need to step outside and maybe touch grass.
Yes, in Japan people really wear fashionable clothes like that, always worrying about clothes coordination and whatnot.

... which is something I actually envy, since for example in my country is VERY uncommon to worry about how you look (at least for male in general). Just wear some jeans, slap some t-shirt and that's how 90% of the population looks like.

Try to wear something a bit more fashionable and you start to get weird looks from other people. :worry:
You can do so in your country too. You just don't because ppl rarely do, and ppl rarely do because it's an effort.
Feel free to go out in pretty clothes. Just expect that it might signal that you are out to get a date in certain contexts (at least if you aren't looking like you are waiting for one/going to the meetingspot), like at a pub or such

Dex-chan lover
How does this series still have a 9.13 rating? The first volume I get it but personally I feel the writing took a pretty sharp downturn and the art is the only thing keeping me coming back.

Plot wise, we have just been going through the most generic tropes and the whole Russian language bit has devolved into her just speaking her thoughts out loud when it doesn't even make sense, they just want our MC to basically mind read her instead of having conversations.
Because a manga doesn't have to subvert tropes to be good. Nor does it need to speedrun the story. At least for me as long as its engaging (not a high bar for a romcom) and the art is decent then its good.

Yes, in Japan people really wear fashionable clothes like that, always worrying about clothes coordination and whatnot.

... which is something I actually envy, since for example in my country is VERY uncommon to worry about how you look (at least for male in general). Just wear some jeans, slap some t-shirt and that's how 90% of the population looks like.

Try to wear something a bit more fashionable and you start to get weird looks from other people. :worry:
Well, for male side, I think men in JP here are also trying to be fashionable, but tbh it's not that flashy to have a weird look (unless you are in Harajuku). You can just match simple stuff like jeans or tshirt but just try to add some extra simple stuff like a shirt/light jacket, or even adjust to some variances of that jeans or tshirt (oversize, loose fit, baggy, boxy, etc). That's the reason why minimalistic brand like uniqlo/gu are always top seller here, not some instant fashion brands like zara/h&m/etc.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, that kinda punkish outfit doesn't work for her.

Of those six outfits, I like the two middle, and the dark dress is pretty good as well. Not sure about the ripped skirt one, the hoodie is way too baggy, and she looks like a stick in the far left one.

Ara, ara.

An apron doesn't count as a dress.

genuine question, do normal people really wear those fashionable clothes? my understanding you leave those clothes for events or you are just rich
Some of them, yes, some, no. The dark dress looks like an event thing, and the far right one seems like it'd work on a fancy dinner date. The others are a bit more casual and would work for hanging out if you want to dress up a little bit.

The art is top-notch as usual, but...this feels pretty silly. I can kinda understand her going for it in the heat of the moment tho
Some people enjoy dressing up. I don't see anything wrong with that part.

man, why'd they have to make yuki a good candidate
Her being a sister makes her not a good candidate, but a good friend.

You can just match simple stuff like jeans or tshirt but just try to add some extra simple stuff like a shirt/light jacket,
Layering a T-shirt with something on top is one of the easiest way to make it look a little more dressed up. Personally I've always been biased towards an unbuttoned shirt, whether for men or women.

Dex-chan lover
does she finaly realize that mc man understand her russian mumbling mean

Group Leader
...Прямо хоть сквозь землю провались
So, she's embarrased to the point she could literally fall through the ground.
Welp, at least Kuze wasn't seem to be disappointed to witness such an interesting sight.

В таком виде... \\ Я точно выглядела пошло...
And she thinks in that outfit she was definitely looking vulgar :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Poor poor Alya... Her misunderstanding deepens... Can anyone that has read the LN please spoil me this: When will Alya find out about Yuki being his sister? Will it take much longer or are they hopefully close? Anyone how knows I would much appreciate it.

Which country are you referring to?

Dex-chan lover

Oh god, that sound just like me. And an entire country with MY fashion sense?! Christ Almighty...

Dex-chan lover
and ppl rarely do because it's an effort.
not always true. people may fashion themselves like the ones shown here in the manga but never flaunt it here in my place. People here dislike unnecessary attention seeking attempts despite just wearing fashionable clothes.

It's not about people not wanting to put effort, a community may just not like that kind of fashion in general.

Dex-chan lover

Posted just earlier about that in the main comment section but yeah the 9.13 rating makes zero sense to me.
We've got tons of similar mangas in the 7.xx and this one is 9.13??

Users who are viewing this thread