Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Haah, Fine (4)

Dex-chan lover
Weeell, funny thing: "Вообще ты, конечно, молодец..." said like this will be in a bit of a condescending sarcastic manner, dunno what the author meant in japanese, but in russian said like this it will mean "you are kind of a dumbass"

edit. also in russian how it is written means a lot, this "..." at the end adds to it being said in a somewhat wicked way, russian is very lapidary language, it often spoken in statements, quite clear to understand, also short.
English "Kuze-kun, you are really incredible..." will be just "Молодчина, Кудзе..." or "Какой же ты молодец..."
russian in this manga is hella strange, sometimes it feels like native speaker helped the author, and sometimes it feels like an automatic translation

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Weeell, funny thing: "Вообще ты, конечно, молодец..." said like this will be in a bit of a condescending sarcastic manner, dunno what the author meant in japanese, but in russian said like this it will mean "you are kind of a dumbass"

edit. also in russian how it is written means a lot, this "..." at the end adds to it being said in a somewhat wicked way, russian is very lapidary language, it often spoken in statements, quite clear to understand, also short.
English "Kuze-kun, you are really incredible..." will be just "Молодчина, Кудзе..." or "Какой же ты молодец..."
russian in this manga is hella strange, sometimes it feels like native speaker helped the author, and sometimes it feels like an automatic translation
As a native Russian speaker it's not quite that. It could be used both as mocking and praising depending on intonation. So it's sounds pretty much ok.

Dex-chan lover
That was a bit too easy.
I definitely think this chapter did a relatively poor job adaptationally. Admittedly it was still a quick turnaround in the light novel, but things felt more established and better paced. The LN had a little more setup that showed that the girls were there in the first place for instance, rather than them feeling like they spontaneously showed up to resolve things. When Alya mentioned that he was looking at the soccer supporters while talking, there'd be more of that context in the LN, where here we don't really see him looking at anything in particular, since the supporters don't seem to be part of the crowd.

In general I think the adaptation has been fairly good though, and getting more visuals for a story I enjoy is always a positive, even if the story isn't always perfectly conveyed.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Alya's surprise reactions at the end are really cute.
Admittedly I'm not sure what part she's surprised by though, perhaps that he hadn't already confirmed his membership but announced himself as a member to resolve the dispute; or alternatively, that the President himself was the one who invited Kuze

Dex-chan lover
Dude's be transferring girls like they are transferring property.💀

Them after the agreement:-
can-anyone-tell-me-what-was-the-point-of-introducing-yuko-v0-wz4vly55mp3c1.png

Dex-chan lover
whatever the plot im just here for them both.. and the sister as well because she is funny and cute as hell too....

Dex-chan lover
As a native Russian speaker it's not quite that. It could be used both as mocking and praising depending on intonation. So it's sounds pretty much ok.
I am a native speaker too, and I can hardly imagine this said like this in any intonation meaning anything well, but who knows. молодец with конечно would be almost any time a mocking statement.

Dex-chan lover
Can we read the manga with no part? I think it is worth to read a whole chapter rather than separated part for understanding the plot without turn back to the previous page.

Users who are viewing this thread