Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Ch. 36 - Tokimori-san and valentine

Dex-chan lover
Okay. The weekly ones are over, now it's time for the fortnightly manga to have their special Valentine's Day chapters. They are not usually related to the main story. This cute moment represents nothing in history. Which one are you betting on for the next chapter? Bait or random characters creating situations that will be resolved in 2 chapters?

Dex-chan lover
I know sometimes manga makes 0 sense but for God's sake, please-
images

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think she considers him as a romantic partner. Though I’ve never personally experienced romance in my own life, it feels like a lot of manga are written by people who have never experienced romance?
Well that's why we have a trope of romantic story author that dates someone because they want to experience love. It's a thing.

Dex-chan lover
id say its romantic progress if every other interaction didnt set them back 3 steps everytime

Dex-chan lover
I tried googling this but no luck understanding. Do you have character examples, and why it's called that?
It's the trope of a character with the naivety of a child in the body of a sexy adult character. Commonly used for the female lead in a romcom but isn't sex specific. A good example off the top of my head is a character like Anna from Frozen. She's been isolated from the world and lacks common sense so she decides to agree to marry a guy she just met because she doesn't know any better.

The female lead in Enchanted is probably a better example from a live action movie though.

Edit: found this as well

Some of the examples are : Tron: Legacy, The Fifth Element, Enchanted, Wonder Woman, Starfire, The Little Mermaid and almost every single anime out there.

Dex-chan lover
Those small circles presented at first were made with crochet, not knitting.

Also, damn, girl, first time knitting something and you make a cable scarf, even if a basic one? They aren't hard to make, mind you, but even for an experienced knitter that's some 8 hours or so of knitting. Maybe three or four times that for someone who's new at it, plus at least some 1-4 hours just practicing the basic knitting techniques to build some initial level of muscle memory.

Dex-chan lover
Nice, we actually got a Valentine's Day mini-event after a year+ of their relationship.
I wonder how many years have to pass before they actually start talking about dating seriously. Five? Ten? Maybe they'll just live together as roommates for the rest of their lives.

Reminder that those are two grown-ass people living together and flirting daily, who refuse to date each other for some bizarre reason.

Dex-chan lover
Nice, we actually got a Valentine's Day mini-event after a year+ of their relationship.
I wonder how many years have to pass before they actually start talking about dating seriously. Five? Ten? Maybe they'll just live together as roommates for the rest of their lives.

Reminder that those are two grown-ass people living together and flirting daily, who refuse to date each other for some bizarre reason.
Too close to get close. You see that most often with Childhood Friends.

Dex-chan lover
I tried googling this but no luck understanding. Do you have character examples, and why it's called that?
Was first coined in this video:

This trope is EXTREMELY pervasive in anime and manga. All these girl characters that 'drop from the sky' and are completely clueless and immediately fall in love with the MC who shows them the 'beauty of Japan' as some wish-fulfillment fantasy. It's a shit trope since it's very degrading towards women.

Dex-chan lover
They're basically a married couple besides the sex. (so pretty much a Japanese marriage)

Dex-chan lover
There are some things she just doesn't have the aptitude for.

And some things she does.

Manga [...] normal people
Spotted the contradiction.

Those small circles presented at first were made with crochet, not knitting.
Yeah, there are some obvious signs of not understanding the topic here, because "handmade scarf cute" is more important.

Group Leader
Was first coined in this video:

This trope is EXTREMELY pervasive in anime and manga. All these girl characters that 'drop from the sky' and are completely clueless and immediately fall in love with the MC who shows them the 'beauty of Japan' as some wish-fulfillment fantasy. It's a shit trope since it's very degrading towards women.
Damn... I am so naive. I never thought anything of it. I guess I am a born yesterday type.

Users who are viewing this thread