Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - Tokimori-san and igarashi-san

Dex-chan lover
There is only one thing that's more annoying than completely illogical characters/events in my book, and those are illogical computers. Because computers, unlike people, always do what you tell them to do.

And that's aside from the fact that one of the main points of working in the cloud, is that data is off-site, so the machine you use is only a terminal. Even if it gets struck by lightning, or stolen by aliens, your data is fine.

Also, if a junior employee can delete months of work on her own accord, with no backup, then it's on IT, not the employee.

I would find it a more reasonable scenario if someone on a conference call screamed "Xbox, drop all tables" and they did...

Man, I'm way more annoyed by that, than I should be...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A lot of commentors really underestimate just how bad and cheap some IT systems can be. This could totally happen (and probably would continue to happen) at a company that is complacent and sees IT as an expense to cut rather than an investment. While I don't think the author has a firm grasp on these kind of things, a poorly defined system that doesn't have atomic read-writes to a database and versioning could have some weird legacy vulnerability that was never fixed because it was deemed unnecessary.

And I promise you most small to medium-sized companies fail to do even the smallest amount of data protection. I saw it myself at a small company I worked at. All the data was stored on a Dropbox account that was synced up to multiple computers. Problem was that the Macbooks at the time would delete files on its own if the internal storage ran the risk of getting full. This was seen as user-instigated by Dropbox and it would start deleting files on it's end as well. Dropbox was able to restore files deleted with the last 30 days and I took manual, full backups to a larger hard drive so it wasn't a huge issue. However it is not hard to imagine a scenario where a poorly configured NAS or cheap cloud solution totally nukes the only copies of a dataset.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Even though the new girl is a B, that would totally be the fault of the company higher-ups for letting this kind of data failure even be possible. Which means in the real world they will blame the new girl, fail to make any real changes, and set the stage for the next massive data failure.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The only way this would actually be her fault is if she somehow transferred all the data off the cloud and onto that computer, but would have definitely set off red flags in even an incompetent company.

Dex-chan lover
So, rebooting your computer clears all dta on the cloud.......... ok.

BTW, I call it now, Tokimori will very efficiently save the day for Igarashi, and she will repent and they'll become pals.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of commentors really underestimate just how bad and cheap some IT systems can be. This could totally happen (and probably would continue to happen) at a company that is complacent and sees IT as an expense to cut rather than an investment. And I promise you most small to medium-sized companies fail to do even the smallest amount of data protection.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Even though the new girl is a B, this is totally the fault of the company higher-ups for letting this kind of data failure even be possible. Which means in the real world they will blame the new girl, fail to make any real changes, and set the stage for the next massive data failure.

Good ole' Bobby Tables!

Dex-chan lover
What's the point of a cloud save when it gets wiped because the local save was cleared? This is just lame plot convenience.
Also, why wouldn't she know when her dead-line is? She worked in advertising, and dead-lines would be one of the most, if not the most important thing, in that industry.
Finally, what about her data is so important that it destroys an entire year-long launch project if it's not there? It sounds like she was working on a spread sheet or something, not the damn programming.

All this is to say, good chapter, looking forward to the next one. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
I guess I should just fully move this series to the Dropped category. I stopped reading the actual chapters about four chapters ago and have just been reading the comments for new chapters to see how the series is going, but it's obvious it's not getting any better. A shame really, I thought it was kind of cute, but I guess it's time to move on.

Dex-chan lover
Initially I was as flabbergasted by the a computer reboot somehow being linked to an entire cloud data loss, but halfway through reading the comments here I remember watching a certain video about the worst typo made by Tom Scott. So yeah, if the system used is shitty enough, detrimental mistakes can be made by single employee.

Dex-chan lover
Realistically it's not even her fault but since it's not all I gotta say is "lol GET REKT"

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, if your entire year of data can be messed up by 1 person. The problem lies somewhere else.
The author clearly never work in a company.

This reminded me of GitLab data loss years ago.
Seriously my paranoid ass would've had multiple copies of that lol

Dex-chan lover
Ok Sugawa was chad n all, but what? Huh?? how in the what does an employee leave their PC for a moment, and it suddenly decided to auto restart, and decided to clear the data in the cloud BY ITSELF???

I want to say karma (?) But unless shes in the I.T or server division, that is just a friggin sh*tty and vulnurable server or cloud system to let employees' pcs or accounts have the authorization to just simply erase all the data in the cloud or server with no damn restriction??? That sh*t can happen to every other employee then. It could literally happen to Sugawa himself!

Also remember when Pixar I.T deleted the entire Toy Story 2 project from server? Crazy misshaps lmao

I can understand if this a startup or quite a small company as a good and not so vulnurable server or cloud system and I.T division for it can cost a good ammount of money so they overlook it. Ive been there. But isnt this a fully established company in a towering office with tens or maybe hundreds of employees?

Well, it is what it is, I guess. But I honestly would rather she got the karma that related to her being a jerk. Since she wants those higher responsibilities but not doing the necessary small details. It can be a client canceling company deal after her overselling an event or product without the data she shouldve processed. Or being so damn overconfident presenting to client she uses a wrong data sheet the entire time, because shes too damn lazy she overlooked the data she shouldve processed. Instead of some random misshaps that literally could happen to any other employee.

Or just go back to the fluffiness of both of em. I can understand why a lot of people here dont like the drama as its in my opinion it doesnt develop anything but showing off sugawa's coolness and tokimori-san's meticulousness . . . She saves the companyyyy . . . . again. Higher ups, give her a good raise already!

Welp, sorry for the long rambling lads. And, thanks as always for the scanlation Eresh scans!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread