Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 2 Ch. 19 - Tokimori-san and igarashi-san

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, if your entire year of data can be messed up by 1 person. The problem lies somewhere else.
The author clearly never work in a company.

This reminded me of GitLab data loss years ago.
I remember that Gitlab lost 6 hours worth of data or something like that. They took daily backups and daily disk snapshots.
A cloud configured to not have a single backup or file versoning for a whole year, and lost all data after a reset is beyond stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Better yet, how are there no backups in the event this somehow happens?
That's the point of cloud saves. But they say they lost all data including cloud saves just because the computer restarted?? That's ridiculous.
I know that she's a btch, but this ain't instant karma thing, i guess. It's sabotage.

Dex-chan lover
If the data is in the cloud, it's not on her computer and wouldn't "disappear" with an automatic reboot. That's the whole point of the cloud.

shakes fist, mumbling about proper backups
Preach brother preach! I love it when they ask you to restore the file from a backup but have no idea of the actual location of the original file. And may not even know the actual file name.

Dex-chan lover
You know you have a problem with the plot if most people are defending one of the most hated characters after she made a mistake due to her own carelessness.

Dex-chan lover
how the fck did she get hired with that kind of work attitude?!
SHE'S DUMB AS FCK!

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so first of all, rebooting can at most erase unsaved data from open files on your own computer, and the vast majority of desktop software nowadays periodically saves files automatically. Cloud apps pretty much always saves continuously as you work. Secondly, even if it did somehow delete the data, if it was in the cloud the cloud provider likely provides backup restoration services, so you can just restore the data. Thirdly, if she managed to delete all the work they've done since the beginning of the year on this project, does that mean they stored all of it in one enormous file? Because that would be highly impractical, inefficient and stupid. There is just no way this can happen, and if it did in fact happen, you really can't blame Igarashi for it, because that clearly indicates there's something seriously wrong with how they've set up their IT infrastructure at this company, which is not her job to deal with, like at all.

Dex-chan lover
computer randomly performs SUDO RM on entire folders :huh: :dogkek:
this manga is so dumb lol

Users who are viewing this thread