Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Stretching with Tokimori-san

Dex-chan lover
Gushing about guys being ripped when her "crush" is a bean pole? Weird
The original text could have been one of those ambiguous double meaning phrases like "I admire people who exercise" which could mean she either likes them or is jealous of them.

Dex-chan lover
As someone who recently got into going to the gym, I feel the pain. It’s kinda upsetting when you compare yourself to other people who are built like tanks when you first get into it, but it’s actually pretty fun and very fulfilling when you get used to it. You’ll eventually get there so there’s no need to rush. Besides, every one starts somewhere, important part is to at least try.

P.s. try to do it for your sake, not someone else’s. That person you are trying to impress probably doesn’t really care. Try to do it for your own benefit so you can be healthy and look and feel good. :chad:

Dex-chan lover
Did this series just get its title de-Englished? I swear last time a chapter was up it was "Tokimori-san is completely defenseless!" in English and now its in transliterated Japanese.

I wish stupid ultra-weebs would stop switching titles like this. Nobody cares about OCD ideas of uniformity or weeb cred from knowing the name in Japanese. I just want titles that I can actually recall so when I see an update I know what series it belongs to without having to wrack my brain about the cover or scour the Japanese for words I recognize.
I wish Muricans would stop trying to transform Japanese media to fit their cringe beliefs but alas you will never stop trying

FYI "Weebs" is only an insult in your shallow country, means nothing outside lmao

Dex-chan lover
I wish Muricans would stop trying to transform Japanese media to fit their cringe beliefs but alas you will never stop trying

FYI "Weebs" is only an insult in your shallow country, means nothing outside lmao

1) I'm not trying to "transform" the media to fit "cringe beliefs". I'm arguing that a work that has been translated in to English should be left to display its title in English so that it's consistent and the audience that is here because they don't speak Japanese and need the translation will be able to comprehend the title just as easily as the work itself.

that's literally my entire point. It's that for work like this where it has a character name in it sure I can figure out which series I've read it's supposed to be. But if it didn't then I'm going to have an easier time what a work is if I know what its English title is.

Just to grab an example off the home page's most recent updates:

"Dappou Tamer no Nariagari Boukentan ~S Rank Bishoujo Boukensha ga Ore no Juuma ni Natte Imasu"

I have no idea what that is. I know like 3 words in that title and they're 3 words that would show up so frequently in similarly plotted manga that it wouldn't be easy to differentiate them at a glance.

But if I were to read it and know on the updates page that its name in English is "Rise of the Outlaw Tamer and His Wild S-Rank Cat Girl" then that I will remember and equate to its story.

The work itself is translated. Why should the title not be translated too?

I don't understand where your needlessly insulting first sentence even came from based on what I said. It's like you've had that in your back pocket waiting for someone to pounce on and mine was just the first comment you saw that was critical of something that could by the most generous possible standards be related to Japanese content and so without reading or understanding it you went off.

2) I'm speaking in English so I'm going to use English terms and slang. Do I care that the word has no value or meaning in other languages? No, of course not. Why would I? It's not like I'm writing in English and thinking "oh damn, now a Swede is going to see this and be befuddled by my use of 'weeb' to insult the types of people likely responsible for the title replacements. That won't do." It's a post in English to address a chiefly English speaking audience regarding a familiar phenomenon in a way that English speaking fans will recognize (using 'weebs' to refer to the type of people who would replace a perfectly acceptable translated title with the romanji version on stubborn insistence that not knowing the title in Japanese somehow robs it of any or all of its value. The same people who probably made awful fan translations filled with untranslated words and likely made amateur hour mistakes like insisting that 'nakama' was some deeply philosophical word with a multi-layered and complex meaning that could not be properly expressed in any other language, let alone English).

Besides that fact, grousing that "weeb" isn't even an insult in other languages is pretty pointless. Because even if the word isn't identical I'd imagine that most languages with thriving geek cultures have a slang term that means "person who takes their hobby overly seriously or wields their level/commitment to fandom like a status symbol for self-gratification."

I could've said "otaku" and given the usual Japanese context of the word (ie not the non-Japanese adoption of it to mean "super-fan." No, the original often derogatory/pejorative way it's used in Japan to categorize "nerds" with obsessive or unhealthy attachments to their fandom often as a crutch for underdeveloped social connections or failed achievement) it would've carried the same meaning. I'm sure there are similar terms among fandom culture in French, Spanish, German, Slovak, Portuguese, Korean, Tagalog, or whatever other language you can think of that has a prominent enough subset of people with serious and significant interest in a particular type of hobby.

3) I'm not even American, and I don't now nor have I ever lived there. So even when you're trying to insult me you're doing a piss poor job of it.

Look, I can accept that maybe you're having a bad day and for whatever reason you chose my post to lash out at even though it doesn't really fit what you're angry about. If that's the case I apologize for being short and flippantly rude to you in this follow up. But if not and this was a level-headed and pointed attempt to get under my skin for whatever reason, then grow the hell up and don't be such a prick for no good reason, especially when it's based on a number of ignorantly wrong assumptions (the kind of thing you're perilously close to accusing me of being driven by.)

but whatever. I'm done with this. I said my piece, other people have gotten it and I don't need to spend my day arguing with some rando about it for no good reason.

EDIT: A quick glance at your posting history shows that you're mostly this much of an asshole to everybody. So you can likely ignore my apology since it's not for you, but maybe take the advice to grow up, get outside, and find some balance. Because crap like this isn't healthy on an ongoing basis and it's not filling whatever hole in your life is motivating you to be so bitter and prickly.

Dex-chan lover
ZpCTfHB.png

bruh as if she didn't have eyes only for you already

Dex-chan lover
ZpCTfHB.png

bruh as if she didn't have eyes only for you already

"But she couldn't possibly notice a nobody like me and all those friendly interactions and signals are just an increasingly mounting series of coincidences that I'm certainly reading incorrectly, right"

-Your average manga romcom male protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
"But she couldn't possibly notice a nobody like me and all those friendly interactions and signals are just an increasingly mounting series of coincidences that I'm certainly reading incorrectly, right"

-Your average manga romcom male protagonist.
it do be like that many times

Dex-chan lover
1) I'm not trying to "transform" the media to fit "cringe beliefs". I'm arguing that a work that has been translated in to English should be left to display its title in English so that it's consistent and the audience that is here because they don't speak Japanese and need the translation will be able to comprehend the title just as easily as the work itself.

that's literally my entire point. It's that for work like this where it has a character name in it sure I can figure out which series I've read it's supposed to be. But if it didn't then I'm going to have an easier time what a work is if I know what its English title is.

Just to grab an example off the home page's most recent updates:

"Dappou Tamer no Nariagari Boukentan ~S Rank Bishoujo Boukensha ga Ore no Juuma ni Natte Imasu"

I have no idea what that is. I know like 3 words in that title and they're 3 words that would show up so frequently in similarly plotted manga that it wouldn't be easy to differentiate them at a glance.

But if I were to read it and know on the updates page that its name in English is "Rise of the Outlaw Tamer and His Wild S-Rank Cat Girl" then that I will remember and equate to its story.

The work itself is translated. Why should the title not be translated too?

I don't understand where your needlessly insulting first sentence even came from based on what I said. It's like you've had that in your back pocket waiting for someone to pounce on and mine was just the first comment you saw that was critical of something that could by the most generous possible standards be related to Japanese content and so without reading or understanding it you went off.

2) I'm speaking in English so I'm going to use English terms and slang. Do I care that the word has no value or meaning in other languages? No, of course not. Why would I? It's not like I'm writing in English and thinking "oh damn, now a Swede is going to see this and be befuddled by my use of 'weeb' to insult the types of people likely responsible for the title replacements. That won't do." It's a post in English to address a chiefly English speaking audience regarding a familiar phenomenon in a way that English speaking fans will recognize (using 'weebs' to refer to the type of people who would replace a perfectly acceptable translated title with the romanji version on stubborn insistence that not knowing the title in Japanese somehow robs it of any or all of its value. The same people who probably made awful fan translations filled with untranslated words and likely made amateur hour mistakes like insisting that 'nakama' was some deeply philosophical word with a multi-layered and complex meaning that could not be properly expressed in any other language, let alone English).

Besides that fact, grousing that "weeb" isn't even an insult in other languages is pretty pointless. Because even if the word isn't identical I'd imagine that most languages with thriving geek cultures have a slang term that means "person who takes their hobby overly seriously or wields their level/commitment to fandom like a status symbol for self-gratification."

I could've said "otaku" and given the usual Japanese context of the word (ie not the non-Japanese adoption of it to mean "super-fan." No, the original often derogatory/pejorative way it's used in Japan to categorize "nerds" with obsessive or unhealthy attachments to their fandom often as a crutch for underdeveloped social connections or failed achievement) it would've carried the same meaning. I'm sure there are similar terms among fandom culture in French, Spanish, German, Slovak, Portuguese, Korean, Tagalog, or whatever other language you can think of that has a prominent enough subset of people with serious and significant interest in a particular type of hobby.

3) I'm not even American, and I don't now nor have I ever lived there. So even when you're trying to insult me you're doing a piss poor job of it.

Look, I can accept that maybe you're having a bad day and for whatever reason you chose my post to lash out at even though it doesn't really fit what you're angry about. If that's the case I apologize for being short and flippantly rude to you in this follow up. But if not and this was a level-headed and pointed attempt to get under my skin for whatever reason, then grow the hell up and don't be such a prick for no good reason, especially when it's based on a number of ignorantly wrong assumptions (the kind of thing you're perilously close to accusing me of being driven by.)

but whatever. I'm done with this. I said my piece, other people have gotten it and I don't need to spend my day arguing with some rando about it for no good reason.

EDIT: A quick glance at your posting history shows that you're mostly this much of an asshole to everybody. So you can likely ignore my apology since it's not for you, but maybe take the advice to grow up, get outside, and find some balance. Because crap like this isn't healthy on an ongoing basis and it's not filling whatever hole in your life is motivating you to be so bitter and prickly.
No one read your crap and i'm not as salty as you to go through someone's 'postng history' to feel better about your pathetic life

You really are the typical western redditors who has a giant stick up his ass and think everything he says is pure solid gold.

Take this advice, take that stick out of your ass and go touch some grass and try to stop being as narcissistic then maybe people will like you lmao

Dex-chan lover
Is seeing the bra of the girl you like through her wet shirt considered window shopping?
In this case it's more like buying a figurine and keeping it in the box on your shelf.

Cardio doesn't do much if you're already skinny. Eat a shitton of food with protein and hit the weights!
Depends on what you're after. Cardio doesn't do much for looking ripped, and by itself it's not actually very efficient for losing weight either. Hitting the gym is more efficient for those. However, for improving your health, stamina, and overall life quality cardio is great. That also helps with getting more out of the gym.

It’s kinda upsetting when you compare yourself to other people who are built like tanks when you first get into it, but it’s actually pretty fun and very fulfilling when you get used to it.
Also, the people at the gym can often look scary (like big, muscly dudes do), but in my experience and by other accounts they're generally very friendly. and remember that everyone who's there are there because they want to improve themselves.

It's not like I'm writing in English and thinking "oh damn, now a Swede is going to see this and be befuddled by my use of 'weeb' to insult the types of people likely responsible for the title replacements. That won't do."
As a Swede, can confirm that we're used to a lot of BS language use, and that's not even speaking of the Danes.

Dex-chan lover
No one read your crap and i'm not as salty as you to go through someone's 'postng history' to feel better about your pathetic life

You really are the typical western redditors who has a giant stick up his ass and think everything he says is pure solid gold.

Take this advice, take that stick out of your ass and go touch some grass and try to stop being as narcissistic then maybe people will like you lmao
Dude, that stream of copypaste insults doesn't do you any favors. East, West, North or South, that just looks bad. I know you probably won't, but you still maybe should take at least a sliver of the advice from that post.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, that stream of copypaste insults doesn't do you any favors. East, West, North or South, that just looks bad. I know you probably won't, but you still maybe should take at least a sliver of the advice from that post.
You guys dont like getting called out on your bullshit do you? then get salty and go on profile stalking mission to try and feel better about yourselves 'ohh ya atleast I am better than him!!!'

one day you'll realise bitching 24/7 isnt the way to go, I know most of you will continue the same though and love freaking doomposting on reddit as if thats a good way to spend your free time.

Dex-chan lover
You guys dont like getting called out on your bullshit do you? then get salty and go on profile stalking mission to try and feel better about yourselves 'ohh ya atleast I am better than him!!!'

one day you'll realise bitching 24/7 isnt the way to go, I know most of you will continue the same though and love freaking doomposting on reddit as if thats a good way to spend your free time.
...okay, suit yourself.

Dex-chan lover
Tokimori:
  • invites MC to live with her
  • kisses him on the cheek
  • asks is he's interested in anyone
  • lays her head in MC's lap while watching movies together
  • suggests she and the MC should start dating
  • regularly hugs him (and only him)
  • tells him the best part of putting together a jigsaw puzzle is spending time with him
  • regularly has the MC undress her
  • tells him she likes him for his kindness
  • holds MC's hand while walking home in the rain
  • hugs MC from behind
  • pastes MC's crappy penguin drawing to the back of her phone and smiles like crazy when showing it off at work

MC: Maybe she'll notice me if I start working out.

Dex-chan lover
Tokimori:
  • invites MC to live with her
  • kisses him on the cheek
  • asks is he's interested in anyone
  • lays her head in MC's lap while watching movies together
  • suggests she and the MC should start dating
  • regularly hugs him (and only him)
  • tells him the best part of putting together a jigsaw puzzle is spending time with him
  • regularly has the MC undress her
  • tells him she likes him for his kindness
  • holds MC's hand while walking home in the rain
  • hugs MC from behind
  • pastes MC's crappy penguin drawing to the back of her phone and smiles like crazy when showing it off at work

MC: Maybe she'll notice me if I start working out.
I've never met such a Polite girl. She must be Canadian.

Dex-chan lover
Those type of shorts are my weakness. What's with the slits on each side? I'm so weak whenever my girlfriend wears shorts like that. Also, just date already!

Users who are viewing this thread