Tokugawa no Saru

This should probably get the gender bender tag on it because of the MC. I don't hate the story but i'll have to pass on it. I can never get into stories where a girl is pretending to be a guy. The fanservice doesn't land as hard for me.

This artist is known for female fighting, catfight, pro wrestling, mma etc art on pixiv. This particular series has been out for a while glad its been picked up. They've got quite a few other doujinworks, and other series/novels? floating around with similar stuff.

Finally someone's translating this i've wanted to read this guys work for so long his character design is great and the manga is badass. 😍

@BraveHeartedHero Nah that is what the Crossdressing tag is for.

Gender bender (or Genderswap as it's called in this website.) is for the ones where the MC literally goes through a gender change like "The Blood Princess and the Knight" where the MC goes from being a regular dude to a legal loli for apparently no reason

Personally I respect and enjoy the crossdressing as long as it gives the character more depth and backstory, but Genderswap usually doesn't make sense to me, most of the time it just feels like the author wanted to add some weird fan service.

@edy4g I agree a lot about what you said of genderswap, personally I enjoy genderswap but there are times where it just piss me off that the author don't get in deeper thought about what happened to the MC.

@edy4g

I agree, there's plenty of reasons to cross-dress - from being trans to wanting to avoid harassment. Genderswap, on the other hand, was mostly invented for greasyelords to have their hentai fill

So it's a crap sack world where everyone is an asshole, starring Japanese Helen Keller Kung Fu Jesus. Nah I am good.

Users who are viewing this thread