Tokyo Cannabis Special Ward - The Guy Called Cannabis King - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The plant that bears gold

Dex-chan lover
This is hella funny since in my country we have legal weed now and the little THC gel capsules I can buy hit like a brick.

Course given that a bottle of them costs 80 bucks they fucking better. (For the record those last me 2-3 months and they come in much lower, and appropriately cheaper, doses. I just go for the wild option)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I will never stop struggling not to facepalm every time Japan invokes the cannabis boogieman. I feel like I'm watching Reefer Madness. THE CANNABIS KING... is supposed to sound impressive, but sounds to me like the name of some downtown shop in Colorado.

But the actual reason I dropping this right now is that this nice guy is inevitably going to start acting weird, causing problems with his wife and daughter, with constant tension and maybe threats from other drug dealers, until he's inevitably caught ("the Cannabis King" doesn't sound like a nickname someone gets while laying low) and the mandatory jail time tears his happy family to pieces. Only way I'd change my mind would be if his wife and daughter somehow gave him the okay on it and fully shared the responsibility, and there's no way in hell that would happen.

Dex-chan lover
If he's really that good at plant related stuff, surely there's more rewarding things he can do. Maybe it'll be addressed in the future but good start
I mean for people that really like plants there arent many options, lets start with the one that makes the most money, having a farm, but this one has a problem, the initial investment to have a decent farm is too high, most of the times this isnt an option at all and working at a farm and not owning isnt really the best too, working at a farm doesnt make much money, owning it does.(also depends on what he grows, not every farm is equal even if they have the same size)
Another option is is working at a lab and be the kind of guy that works for the big farmers and tries to change the genetic code of the plants to make them better, this one makes quite a bit of money too but you need to be quite smart to enter in basically any research related field and you arent going to interact with plants that much really.
And then we have what he does, a flower shop, depending on the place where its located it can be profitable but he is on a rundown street, most people arent going to out of their way to get flowers , so unless he was like the best florist in japan and was well know for winning contests and things like that he isnt going to get many big orders that could make him money even if he was not on a big street.
Another problem, his age, changing carrer at his age is a challenge, a big one, most companies will not want someone this old.

Dex-chan lover
I mean for people that really like plants there arent many options, lets start with the one that makes the most money, having a farm, but this one has a problem, the initial investment to have a decent farm is too high, most of the times this isnt an option at all and working at a farm and not owning isnt really the best too, working at a farm doesnt make much money, owning it does.(also depends on what he grows, not every farm is equal even if they have the same size)
Another option is is working at a lab and be the kind of guy that works for the big farmers and tries to change the genetic code of the plants to make them better, this one makes quite a bit of money too but you need to be quite smart to enter in basically any research related field and you arent going to interact with plants that much really.
And then we have what he does, a flower shop, depending on the place where its located it can be profitable but he is on a rundown street, most people arent going to out of their way to get flowers , so unless he was like the best florist in japan and was well know for winning contests and things like that he isnt going to get many big orders that could make him money even if he was not on a big street.
Another problem, his age, changing carrer at his age is a challenge, a big one, most companies will not want someone this old.
Yeah but this guy is actually stated to be really good with planets. Why couldn't he get a loan to start a farm? Even a government job related to farming is an option. There's really a lot of options and narrowing it to florist and farmer is weird. There's also farming methods that doesn't require much landspace (hydroponic iirc). Maybe it'll be addressed in the future but it's not really a deal breaker

Dex-chan lover
Yeah but this guy is actually stated to be really good with planets. Why couldn't he get a loan to start a farm? Even a government job related to farming is an option. There's really a lot of options and narrowing it to florist and farmer is weird. There's also farming methods that doesn't require much landspace (hydroponic iirc). Maybe it'll be addressed in the future but it's not really a deal breaker
I mean, in the beginning the flower shop was probably making enough money to keep his wife and him happy but then a child comes and all of that it makes the costs pile up over the years, he is 40 afterall, and he seems to be doing this for a while now, the financial problems probably didnt start that long ago or he would be bankrupt by now.
And i mean, he is old, just saying that you are good with plants wont make the banks give you a loan, specially because farms that do make money and arent just self sustainable are pricy to maintain and start, even ones that dont require land take a lot of money.
And again, im not exactly that wise when it comes to plants, what other jobs are there in the area that require no experience and you can start really late? because i will assume that its the same for every area, there arent many.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, in the beginning the flower shop was probably making enough money to keep his wife and him happy but then a child comes and all of that it makes the costs pile up over the years, he is 40 afterall, and he seems to be doing this for a while now, the financial problems probably didnt start that long ago or he would be bankrupt by now.
And i mean, he is old, just saying that you are good with plants wont make the banks give you a loan, specially because farms that do make money and arent just self sustainable are pricy to maintain and start, even ones that dont require land take a lot of money.
And again, im not exactly that wise when it comes to plants, what other jobs are there in the area that require no experience and you can start really late? because i will assume that its the same for every area, there arent many.
Like I said, maybe it will be explained in the future. It's not really a deal breaker

Users who are viewing this thread