Tokyo Ghoul:re - Vol. 16 Ch. 179 - Song Of The Goat

Group Leader
Ahhhhh fucking hell, finally done! Took me way longer to actually make myself finish marathoning the entire thing than it should have.
I finally get why people keep calling :RE a complete shitfest. No fucking wonder!
The whole thing probably started going just completely bonkers with the Rushima arc.
I kinda managed to start enjoying the series again when I simply stopped giving a fuck and just rolled with it, but oh geez. Oh geez. OH GEEEZ!
Ishida somehow still managed to just keep topping himself.
The amount of characters that just kept randomly dying, reviving, switching sides, had this-isn't-even-my-final-form moments and bla bla bla was simply fucking unreasonable!
I feel someone should've slapped the author on the wrist and carefully explained to him that it's not about how far you can go, but about how far you should go.

And yes, the ending felt rushed. And yes again, there are a bunch of things that were, in the end, either kept really vague or even left completely unanswered. Like, did Eto just randomly pop back up for one move only to just as randomly topple over again? That's like an ass pull among ass pulls. What about Amon and Akira? Some specifics on them? What actually happened with Kaneki's body and those weird new magic organs? What actually is he now? And yes, old man Kuzen. Did Eto seriously ded him? Also, Rize has been watching him all along? Is that supposed to mean she never actually was a mere figment of his imagination and actually a genuine, conscious part of him?
Etc., etc.
The series had more potential than was actually delivered on. Though I suppose that's simply par for the course, at this point.

But you know, I kinda don't even care about any of that. I'm just glad I'm finally done. I mean phew lad.
Yet, ironically, I can't even say I truly hated it. Well, not just. I mean I suppose I did manage to have my fair share of, well, enjoyment, in the end.
No, rather than hating or liking it, I'm just fucking exhausted. Though I suppose that doesn't really reflect too well on it either, does it?
I at least feel it wasn't a waste of my time. And I guess that's probably what matters the most, at the end of it.

There are still a bunch of other things I could say, but oh well. Enough of my rambling(ranting).
Regardless, have a good one. o/

Users who are viewing this thread