Tokyo Love Story

jak

Contributor
From what I read about the ending:

Kanji ends up with Satomi, the childhood friend, because Rika gets knocked up by Kanji's boss who she's having an affair with.

I actually don't remember how I got into this title, perhaps I was exploring something about any actor who conveniently were in the drama? Hum.

The thing this... this is quite interesting, and a bit of a relic of the time, lol. I really mean it... and that's what makes it interesting, too (all that it takes is also putting some old music from the time and BAM! nice soundtrack :) )

...It's hard to think the MCs are 23-ish years old... hah... hah... hah.

Fed-Kun's army
Man this painful to read.
Damn, I really fall into this gawdamn painful drama. Thank you author, you just gave depression.
because
satomi will still end up with kanji and will be married in the end
Why I'm so invested in the MC it's so painful, on the other hand, I'm still curious how this gonna play out

Group Leader
Everybody is shit here and I don't feel for any of them.
Your emotions will be wasted if you feel for them anyway.

Satomi is obsessed with that one promiscuous guy who HAS feelings for her but still wants to keep being friends with Kanji, knowing that both of their lives will be a mess. For what, you ask? Let me quote you Satomi's friend in this regard.
Mikami is in love with Satomi but still cheats on her again and again. Talk about typical rich guy syndrome spoiled with too many flavours.
Kanji, you need to take control of your life. You make lemonades when life gives you lemons. But you don't have to make a bomb and blow yourself up if it gives you explosives. He doesn't know when to run away. I hate how Satomi appreciates his overly frank persona but also ultimately takes advantage of it. Kanji, if you can't win the girl, just do yourself a favour and leave. Don't go throwing your life into a mess just because of that one girl. He isn't a high school kid to not understand this, and neither so naive having been went through romantic relationships in the past.
Rika is just, Rika. She is a selfish person and she knows this herself. If you didn't know, she will cheat on Kanji and get pregnant with the Boss's baby. To all the people who were angry with the drama's ending as to why Kanji chose Satomi over Rika, this is why. I don't know if this was a deliberate deletion in the drama to add to the complexity.

Yes, we humans are all shit. But this fact is rubbed in when there is a conflict between the kind and the selfish side of one's personality as seen in case of Kanji. Pertaining to the story, this conflict is aggravated further when it comes down to life-changing decisions in situations meant to emulate real life..

read the first volume just because i liked the art style but it was so frustrating, glad i looked at the comments so i know i don't have to waste my time with the rest of it

Group Leader
Hey, I'm the guy translating "Tokyo Love Story."
Just thought I'd leave a note here to say that new releases of the series will be delayed until I find a redrawer to help me with it. More information here: https://tokyoillusion.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/urgent-looking-for-help-with-tokyo-love-story/

UPDATE: A redrawer has been found! Disaster averted! Chapter 26 coming soon.

I looked this up because it's getting a new adaptation thinking that it would've been translated already, but I see I walked in on a work in progress. Better that than nothing at all. 🙏

Group Leader
@tr25a3: It's totally my pleasure.
Goddammit, I love this manga. It's all I can think about!
Can't wait to release the rest of it.

Ugh I feel like all of these characters are so selfish. It's hard to read sometimes.

What sucks is that I can really relate to some aspects of Rika's personality, but I just can't get down with how quickly she turns to sex to run from her feelings and how easily she hurts other people.

I was hoping this story would end with the characters growing up and becoming better people but right now it seems like none of them have yet. And after reading the spoilers for the ending, I think I'm gonna have to drop this.

My favourite TV Dorama, which i missed the last episode of, i remember how heartbreak I feel, the dorama ended but i dont know how it ended.

when I saw this manga title,the dorama OP song playedin my head.
I didnt even know the dorama was an adaptation from a manga.
surprisingly Satomi looks very beautiful and Rika is so plain in the manga, which is not the case in the dorama, TV Rika is one of my earliest crush.

I don't know whom to hate more the men or sataomi, for god sake have a pride and leave the unfaithful bastrads and find a good honest man who will love you only. Rika you're a free spirit who can't love only one so be free and see the world with your child. To hell with indecisive and cheating men.

Users who are viewing this thread