Tokyo卍Revengers - Vol. 19 Ch. 162 - The Blue Ogre

It's cringe and I' almost at my limit but for the sake of my boii Takemichi I'm willing to read all this edgy garbage

What the fuck happened to this series???

Like 60 chapters ago I was getting ready to call this my favorite manga of all time.

What the fuck is this garbage? Holy shit. Am so fucking disappoint.

@llamasama So I'm not the only one. I never once considered this series a favorite of mine but it was definitely intriguing. 3 years ago I recall the first chapter releasing and I after reading it I wanted more. Unfortunately the series got stuck in scanlation limbo for a while. After the quarantine and the Kodansha winners came out I decided to binge it and it is now a formality to read these chapters. This is coming from someone who **BINGED** the series in 3 days and caught up 3 weeks ago, so the blunted response I have towards new chapters is probably even more so apparent for those who read it weekly from the very beginning. I can't even recall when I noticed the gradual slip in quality. Now the dialogue is so flat and cartoonish despite taking itself somewhat seriously. No one acts like real people and I understand it's a delinquent series trope but it's so nonsensical now I can't look past the contrivances and flat characters. The new main antagonist is evil for no reason, these 14 years apparently don't have parents or supervision, the plot hinges on the relationship and lingering feelings of love from a middle school relationship, characters have this magnetic attraction towards Takemichi despite him having zero charisma and all the auxiliary characters speak like this is DBZ. "He's 100 x stronger than me." FOH

it's so funny reading the comment section because yes i fully agreed.. this is so cringey
i can't take this fight seriously now.. just end it fast man

I’m honestly a bit sad that it’s turning into a typical almost parody shonen (at least in this arc)
I hope that after this fight the story can go back to the quality it was in the beginning.

Meh.. Aren't we kinda used to shonen mangas decreasing in quality and ending badly anyway ?
I'll keep reading without much expectations and who knows, might get a surprising ending

Hmmmm i though the anime announcement would be around the time the series has a loss in quality and rhythm and i was right XD. It's time to end while is still ok, these latest chapters got me like "uuuuhh...ok?" i love the story, but y'know, this happen more often than we would like XD

Dude, i was in love with this manga, like... amazing story and characters. Now im like... ogre mode ? are you naruto or some shit ?

Fed-Kun's army
Boy, this red ogre/blue ogre shit is so cliché....i know it's mitological and stuff but is so overused

Also, "forgive me brother i must break my promisse" power-up shit? Damn this is lame...

Hopefully we are get over this and go to the other characters and takemichi

once naoto and emma got murked i was like.............this is cringe. im trying to still enjoy this manga rn lmaooo

Double-page supporter
I find myself agreeing with the comments from others... what has this Manga turned into? Geez...

Dex-chan lover
The comments here are surprisingly negative about this development huh?

Sure it seems kinda cringey, but I think this is good. It gives more insight on why the hell is he nicknamed “Angry” when all he did was cry.
Personally, I like this because I have witnessed something similar to this: a guy in my school was slow and looked kinda dumb so he was picked on/bullied. Until one day he just snapped, broke two bullies’ arms, knocked out two other guys and punched some guy so hard he had to get surgery to fix his eyes socket or sth. Luckily the teachers came in time to stop him, otherwise there might be death, for real.

So yeh, the whole “so angry that the character becomes OP for a while” is totally understandable and not that cringey, don’t hate on it so much

Users who are viewing this thread