Tomb Raider King

Dex-chan lover
The plot is way too simple and make very little sense at most times.
Such as;
* By law, you have to have 22 years of military service to be even promoted to be a colonel in the U.S. Army. Yet you have a 20-year old looking general who is so incompetent that it belittles her character. The MC just explains this by saying "must be make-up", and that's that. Must be make-up my ass. She'd be over 60 with pterodactyl's feet near her eyes from all her time in the Army, yet she's a photo model.
* a U.S. General shouting that she has U.S. citizens as hostage at the top of a roof in broad daylight with a whole platoon behind them when they're still working for the U.S. government, meaning it could trigger mass hysteria.
* the same U.S. General with a God-like magic ability to decimate everything being held hostage by the main character with dozens of magical abilities, but they only send two 'special forces' officers to rescue her who get distracted by a worm. So the MC bags them while they are busy stepping on a warm for 20 seconds. No joke: this was so stupid. Two battle-hardened, highly-trained special forces officers got distracted by a worm with no other magical incentive (but plot) to step on it, instead of keeping their attention on the guy who has a general as hostage.

4/10 if you're going to skim through it.
3/10 if you're going to take it seriously.

The rating of 8+ doesn't do this series any justice: it's garbage because the plot is incoherent. If only it was incoherent in the way that every time something bad happens the MC had planned it 20 years ago or something, but no... It is incoherent in the way that characters and their actions do not even match up to their job descriptions.
* You get female SJW-looking U.S. officers with long pink hair that gamble all day with their tank-tops instead of any serious plotline.
* You get a U.S. General running a tea farm in Ghana by brainwashing children for no absolutely no reason, and they don't even explain why either. Were the tea leaves magical?

Reading this made me lose a little bit of hope in manhwa in general. I am absolutely sure that anyone reading this manhwa could write a plot-driven webnovel with the same level of intrigue. Every single one of them. The story and characters are so inconsistent that I took 10 minutes out of my time to just rant on about it.

Well, my chinese friend said chinese comic used to be kinda good it sucks right now because the introduction of webtoon model there's app that want to tackle the problem it's fairly new. My chinese friend said because low barrier to entry into webcomic made good comic drown out by the bad one because the bad one update quickly and the good one update slowly. Anyway, with the popularity of solo leveling i don't think korean comic moving forward for a while just like japanese light novel with the popularity of sao ( I think japanese light novel can move forward because kusuriya tho). It doesn't help there are so many kids like bad cultivation coloring comic with broken face when really good black and white comic release they are whining and complaining (this is also the reason why many good artist not really fond of democracy)

I agree that the story is half baked but it’s pretty good if you just want a OP MC that doesn’t have bad writing. You can still make sense of the story? The characters are what I like about this manhwa.

@mobrine in terms of manga/manhwa, out of the 3 main countries that produce them (Japan, South Korea, and China) China is by far the worst. I've tried a ton of Chinese series, actually one of the very first mangas that I read like 8/9 years ago was Doulou Dalu, which is super popular in China(It also has at least 4 spin-off series). I wasn't exposed to much manga/manhwa before then so I read it pretty religiously, dropped it after a while and decided to read it again recently for nostalgia's sake. My god, it does not hold up well. I wouldn't even call it bad, it's extremely average but I would consider it a masterpiece when compared to other Chinese works. So many series just have awful pacing, terribly incomprehensible plots, and awful character work. I honestly can only see children liking them, because if you have read enough manga you can tell how inferior they are. Don't even get me started on Wuxia. That genre is so unbelievably stupid it hurts. Literally the laziest and most formulaic plot points, far more so than even Isekai. It's a real shame, because a real strength I've seen in a lot of Chinese manhua is that the art styles are really good. Which makes it so much worse because you have beautiful art attached to a story that a middle schooler could have written better. Don't get me wrong I have found some gems, namely Nan Hao & Shang Feng and Tamen De Gushi, and a few more, but they are so few and far between when sifting through the garbage. I really hope that the Chinese manhua scene steps up its game.

the author is Yoonz, but this is as if made by Sanjijiksong, are they the same person?

all the yelling and acting dumb are tiring. seems like the mc has everyone in his grasp and that's not a good thing at all. dropping this-

Why the hell is this rated so highly? 8.3, seriously? I'm over 100 chapters in at this point and it's still written like crap with terrible characters and Korean Duke Nukem.

@qowboykay
While I agree that average Chinese story is worse than the average story from Japan or South Korea, I disagree with you stance on Wuxia. The low quality Wuxia you've read is most likely a biproduct to the majority of them coming from Chinese writers. I've found quite a few really good Wuxia stories from South Korea, it just takes a bit to find them. On the other hand, Song of the Skywalkers is a Chinese Wuxia Manhua that both has phenomenal artwork, interesting characters, and a good plot. Villain Initialization and Cultivator Against Hero Society are also good reads from China.

I'm only on chapter 75 and I can already smell the garbage. Dropping this.

Character development is garbage
plot is super fucking bland but at the very least consistent. Consistently garbage that is.
Main character has plot armor, that the author made it seem like our dude is a genius mastermind. But no, this author is just a shit writer.
The relic auction was by far the stupidest shit I've read and i'm stopping here, fuck this series.

Edit: If you really think this is a good series, please by all means elaborate for me. I already listed three points of why this work is a piece of shit and if you can go against these points, then by all means, my DMs are open.

Users who are viewing this thread