Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 889 - A Sincere Man

Dex-chan lover
so everything can be resolved with dogenza.
pretty sure i read that kind of manga

Dex-chan lover
@JC_FH I've joked about it before but literally every time there is a hiatus for this it comes back with a slightly different art style. Check out the first chapter of each volume and you'll see the gradual changes.

Aggregator gang
Really how much enlightenment did Jun have after becoming one with the tree?

Fed-Kun's army
"Jun-Boy"
Did they translate the freaking honourific? And use a literal translation?

I mean, I have no problem with some honourifics being translated, so long as they make sense and are actually translated into proper equivalents (Translating "-san" to "Mr." or "Mrs.", "-sama" to "Sir" or "Ma'am", etc.)

"-kun" is one of those ones that shouldn't be translated. You should either leave it in Japanese or just remove it completely, because there isn't really a proper English equivalent.

And yes, in some cases, having someone refer to a younger male as "name boy" is done in English, but it doesn't have a hyphen, is almost always written as "that first or last name boy", and is used to indicate that the speaker isn't all that familiar with the person they are talking about (which isn't the case as Jun is extremely close to Tomo's family), meaning it isn't a proper equivalent. In fact, it's almost the opposite of "-kun", since kun is often used when referring to a male the speaker has known for a long time, or is close with.

Hey, if he use dogeza power on tomom, it means he already see her panties or/and boobs

Fed-Kun's army
@Wordsmith - Relax dude! I think it's meant to convey Akemi's easygoing and NON-TRADITIONAL personality, not to be a literal translation of an honorific.

@Wordsmith The honorific the Mom used was 坊 (bou). It's not as widely known as -kun, so maybe that's why the translator didn't leave it in japanese (it'd be Jun-bou) but I guess the translator still wanted to convey the honorific hence the Jun-boy.

Aggregator gang
In dogeza...I'm getting flashbacks of another dogeza manga, which doesn't fit the theme Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! is going for.😁

Dex-chan lover
@fifthtouch Nope. With dogeza, all you see is the floor. Dogeza is a serious thing that show how sincere a person is. Not something perverted. Seriously, what with all the perverts here? You guys all have the mind of an immature teen boy?

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19

dogeza has sort of become a meme after this manga:

https://mangadex.org/title/30590/dogeza-de-tanondemita

Users who are viewing this thread