Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 941 - Gorou's True Motive

Dex-chan lover
So it will end in four chapters.
It'll probably will end in rather unsatisfying ending....

only for Fumita-Sensei suddenly dropping some extra strips for epilog a much, much later.

Just maybe.

Well, it’s good to know he At least has a reason for demanding such a silly condition

Group Leader
Snoooozzzzeeee

@otakubouzu
It'll probably will end in rather unsatisfying ending....
It's already an unsatisfying ending. Instead of this abysmally idiotic arc, we should have had at least a few romantic "chapters," but this mangaka has no ability to portray real love and romance (hentai does not count).7

Dex-chan lover
Okay author ... even if you try to redeem him ... Gorou is still an ASS. Only now rather than him being an Exceptional Ass, he's just a regular ass.

Also, I notice that no one in the comment mentions the "I'm glad Tomo isn't fighting" from Gorou ... it could be for a bunch of reasons. The main one being he wants to teach Jun something or test Jun on something. But let's not discount that he probably can't go all out against Tomo reason. Or the let Jun figure this out on his own reason. Gorou is testing if Jun can figure out his opponents weakness and then use the correct technique to win. Kind of a round-a-bout way of giving his approval so Gorou still gets minus (-)points and the ass moniker.

Normally against an opponent that is faster and stronger than you, it comes down to technique, brains, and using the opponents own momentum against them. Jun has always lacked on the technique side since although he is stronger than Tomo she would win against him in a rules match every time. This suggests that he could be very good IF he could improve his technique.

Oh, Jun ... you may be inheriting a dojo in the very near future ... WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING ... you'll be getting to rub Tomo's TOMOS in the very near future. Whew ... almost missed my opportunity there.

Why is Gorou so important on the end? He was never anything more than a character used for a quick joke. The karate is not supposed to be important outside of the Jun/Tomo relationship, so maybe if this was a Jun x Tomo fight it could be actually meaningful, but there's no plausible excuse for Gorou to be given such weight this late.

Dex-chan lover
@RaimundoBruno
Gorou's so important because, in the end, he's her dad. Even if he's always been used for gags, he's part of her family, and that's a big part of Tomo's life.

I mean, imagine if Tomo's mom was against it. Obviously there's no way that would happen, but if it was her instead of Gorou, it would be a much bigger deal because you (Tomo) can't punch your mom in the face for not wanting you to date someone.

Double-page supporter
Ending in 4 more pages. Man, the author really dropped the ball.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe this arc is taking so long and is also the ending one. It's probably the most boring one since the start. The most interesting content happens with Misuzu and / or Carol in them, and I haven't seen them in ages. Honestly, the other student side characters are the more interesting ones to me, and they've been checked out for a while. Jun is "just okay" and Tomo's father is just dumb and one-note, especially recently.

I don't know who's screwing up, the manga author or the editor, or someone else above them, but this manga's slowly gone to pieces since Jun and Tomo got together. Some Manga are good or even better after a couple get together, but not this one. Not because they couldn't make it fun, but because they didn't.

Dex-chan lover
@tseng Ahhh man.... thanks for the info. This is going to have a really unsatisfying ending then.

Users who are viewing this thread