Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 953

Dex-chan lover
It's almost fitting for this series that the ending feels like a quick punch to the gut.

Man, this was the most unsatisfying end since Bleach. Where's the Fluff? Where's lots and lots of bashful handholding and dating?
And where are the sequels? "Tomo-chan Becomes a Woman", "Tomo-chan is a Wife" and "Tomo-chan is a Mother" right now, please.

Dex-chan lover
What an unsatisfying ending without any of the best characters in it.

Dex-chan lover
Overall meh.
Started off pretty solid but then the pacing slowed to a crawl and started hamming up the romance shit. The joke is funny for a while but then it gets stale. Which is humorous because in my free time I've been reading a different romance series called "Araburu Kisetsu no Otomedomo yo", and let me just say that there's a lot more that the Author could have done instead of letting it get so boring. We have two other girls that we can pursue romances with yet we shy away from them, or just kinda gloss over it. I don't understand why these Authors essentially refuse to write side-romances. It's funny because this can be said of like 90% of Japanese romance manga, where the gist is confession baiting the entire series until closing on the kiss confession finale. And lookie where we are now.
Let's also not forget that the jokes essentially became running gags and almost every other chapter past a certain point was just bringing up old jokes again and again.
Haha Tomoe doesn't look like a girl! Ooooh Misuzu is scary AF look out! We don't understand Carol haha! Jun is sCaReD oF wOmAn!!
Just fucking again and again and again. Plus weird fucking cringe pages. And not like in the sense that it's supposed to be, more like - the Author tried writing something serious and it's just so bad. Like when Carol tried being edgy or some shit and then told Misuzu "Not everything is going according to your plan."
who THE FUCK talks like that

I'm over it. Been over it. Musou Telepathy has some of the same problems, but at least it'll end on a better note than this (and has actual fucking themes to the story).

Group Leader
lol what a shit ending. sucks for all those who actually followed this shit religiously.

Dex-chan lover
@shoker I agree with the fact that the story could have been handled better, especially the long Jim's dream flashback and the part when Tomo got scared and ran away from him. I also would have liked better if we got to see the two of them dating instead of ending with their first kiss. For the side characters, I'm fine when there are side couples but if they get too much focus I tend to feel annoyed. In this case, I'm fine with Carol getting her happy ending, but I don't really care about her and senpai so much that I wanted to see their couple life, so I'm glad the author didn't spend time on them. For Misuzu...I found her really annoying in the late part of the manga, any more of her and I would have risked dropping this series.

Double-page supporter
not sure what kind of ending people are expecting from a romcom manga

Dex-chan lover
Well ,the manga was nice. Far from perfect but at least nice. But I sill think this ending could have been better... Welp, too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread