Tonari no Kashiwagi-san

Aggregator gang
I guess we will never see the end of this manga ;/
#FellsBadMan

http://onesnowshoe.tumblr.com/post/165279355898/coming-up-next here @Derek maybe you can help them

Dex-chan lover
One of the few manga that can compete for slow pace with Yesterday Wo Utatte. Although Pastel may still be the champion.

Oh.

It's this one...

The one where the story of side characters is infinitely more interesting than the main one...

I'm pretty sure the reason why this drags so much is because the unnecessary amount of screen time given to the side characters.
I mean, just read the first 20 or so chapters and you can see the MC and the main girl actually interacting... but at some point we got like dozens of chapters just dedicated to build the SC relationships and then that Tina girl arc too. All while the main couple just being left completely hanging.

I know I'm alone in this, but I really wished the author just focused on the main couple and left the side characters as, you know, SIDE characters.
I didn't get hooked in the story because of the "cool dude and tsundere girl" eventually getting together, I just wanted to see the otaku guy who admires a internet artist and the girl, who is the said artist and also a closed otaku developing their relationship.

End of rant.

Group Leader
It did, xXPenisXx. I got my hands on the raws, but now need to find someone to finish it up.

Dex-chan lover
That's hard to believe. I'll wait, regardless. I enjoyed earlier chapters a lot.

9 people unanimously rated this as a 8/10. I have never seen so many people agree on romance before.

Dex-chan lover
I would say this about 6 to 7. The set up is simple and kinda silly. development is kinda boring. during it also not much charming to keep the flow rise up.

Supporter
@Purplelibraryguy To be fair, NOTHING can compete with Pastel. "Not as slow as Pastel" is like "Not as good at basketball as Michael Jordan". K1 of Ah! My Goddess is a freakin' pimp (with gold chains, fur coat, and everything) next to Mugi.

Dex-chan lover
@arimareji Well, yeah. Although "Yesterday" is pretty impressive with the sheer panache of its back-and-side-steps cancelling every single sign of forward movement, and sometimes more, for nearly the entire manga. I mean at one point near the end, the MC is going out with the wrong girl, the right girl is seriously considering someone who is seriously courting her, and the guy who's supposed to end up with the wrong girl has moved to Italy with a hot babe!

maan I hope some group picks this up soon, I mean there's only 5 chapters left to be translated

Users who are viewing this thread