Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - Sophie and the Neighbourhood Cats

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation, Piime. Is there a reason the manga skips over 58, 59, and 60 (such as being bonus material), or are they just nonexistent for no known reason?

Last edited:
Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
I think there was a really goofy thing that happened with the magazine (Comic CUNE) chapters and the tankoubon (volume) chapters. If you look on "other" sites, chapter 58 in the magazine is this chapter (61), 59 is 62, and 60 is 63. Then chapter 61 on other sites is this one again, same with 62 and 63. NFI wat happen.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Thank you for the translation, Piime. Is there a reason the manga skips over 58, 59, and 60 (such as being bonus material), or are they just nonexistent for no known reason?
I don't know why. I own physical copies of the volumes and they go from 57 to 61 too. Volume 2 has 1 bonus chapter and volume 3 has 2 bonus chapters (I forgot these existed and they haven't been uploaded, I'll do them at some point soon) so perhaps they decided to add those to the chapter count. Wouldn't make much sense because they weren't published in the magazine afaik.

I think there was a really goofy thing that happened with the magazine (Comic CUNE) chapters and the tankoubon (volume) chapters. If you look on "other" sites, chapter 58 in the magazine is this chapter (61), 59 is 62, and 60 is 63. Then chapter 61 on other sites is this one again, same with 62 and 63. NFI wat happen.
That's because I asked the Mangadex admins to change those chapter numbers to their corresponding volume number. Chapter 59 in the magazine is chapter 62 in the volume but chapter 59 does not exist in the volume and chapter 62 in the volume would be different from chapter 62 from the magazine etc. It would've been very confusing in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
That's because I asked the Mangadex admins to change those chapter numbers to their corresponding volume number. Chapter 59 in the magazine is chapter 62 in the volume but chapter 59 does not exist in the volume and chapter 62 in the volume would be different from chapter 62 from the magazine etc. It would've been very confusing in my opinion.
It's still confusing, but at least it's accurate. Maybe see if they can add a note to the description that mentions the missing chapter numbers in the volumes? More people would see that than the forum comments.

Dex-chan lover
Whew, what a mess is the chapter numbering.

Why not upload the remaining Patisserie chapters as 58, 59, and 60, with an explanation of what happened on the first page?

Supporter
It's still confusing, but at least it's accurate. Maybe see if they can add a note to the description that mentions the missing chapter numbers in the volumes? More people would see that than the forum comments.
That would probably be the best bet. Tonikaku Kawaii's page does that because the chapters in a couple of the volumes are intentionally out of order and generally wonky.

Dex-chan lover
You could make a single page that explains what happened and upload that as each of the missing chapters so people don't get chapter skip warnings.

Users who are viewing this thread