Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 86 - Our Daily Lives

Dex-chan lover
image.png

id be lying if i said im fine with it being a CGDCT but, at least theres a background yuri couple.

thank you v much Piime for finishing this! hoping to see another of your work in the future, really nice scans.

Group Leader
This feels like an axe, but I know it wasn't axed. What weird ending that feels like the manga just stopped.
I'm not entirely sure what to think of it myself either. Somebody in the comments said that the final chapter of volume 7 felt like it was supposed to end there and it does feel like that a little. Volume 8 has a lot of very short chapters and it's more slice of life than the other volumes. The anime/manga still gets new merchandise so perhaps it was originally planned to end in volume 7 but they kept it going to make some more profits.

id be lying if i said im fine with it being a CGDCT but, at least theres a background yuri couple.

thank you v much Piime for finishing this! hoping to see another of your work in the future, really nice scans.
I don't have anything planned right now because most of what I wanted to do suddenly started getting translations after not receiving them for months/years so I'll probably take a break and see if anything gets dropped or something new comes out.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
That was extremely meta.

Now that's over might as well ask, was there ever a chapter in which Akari and Akari's mom dressed Sophie in a cosplay outfit (I don't remember which one, I think it was a magical girl)? I think I saw it posted as a single page in japanese once, but never saw it translated in any chapter.

Group Leader
That was extremely meta.

Now that's over might as well ask, was there ever a chapter in which Akari and Akari's mom dressed Sophie in a cosplay outfit (I don't remember which one, I think it was a magical girl)? I think I saw it posted as a single page in japanese once, but never saw it translated in any chapter.
Chapter 34 is the only chapter I can think of in which Sophie visits Akari's parents. In Chapter 44 they dress up Sophie together with Mizuki which may be what you're thinking of.

Supporter
I actually liked that ending; it was very meta, but like for a slice of life where not much happens, it works--we literally just hit the end of the slice, and we do a commentary on things ending as a bookend. No forced drama or anything. It's a unique way to end a story like this.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I actually liked that ending; it was very meta, but like for a slice of life where not much happens, it works--we literally just hit the end of the slice, and we do a commentary on things ending as a bookend. No forced drama or anything. It's a unique way to end a story like this.
They never solved a way to make Akari immortal too, even if she isn't a vampire, anything that can keep her with Sophie forever, which is what she wanted since the start.

Now the implication is that Sophie will only have Ellie forever, which is kinda sad.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not entirely sure what to think of it myself either. Somebody in the comments said that the final chapter of volume 7 felt like it was supposed to end there and it does feel like that a little. Volume 8 has a lot of very short chapters and it's more slice of life than the other volumes. The anime/manga still gets new merchandise so perhaps it was originally planned to end in volume 7 but they kept it going to make some more profits.

I don't have anything planned right now because most of what I wanted to do suddenly started getting translations after not receiving them for months/years so I'll probably take a break and see if anything gets dropped or something new comes out.
take your time, these daily uploads were really stellar.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i not sure how to feel...that last page its like the scene i always see when series ended with char dead or world end
"Pretentious philosophical nonsense incoming"

Well if we think about it in a meta way, this IS the end of their world.

A fictional story and the lives of it's characters exist only within the bounds of the world shown to the viewer.

Once the story ends, nothing exists beyond that ending, their fictional "world" end then and there.

When the final page of the book is closed, their world is no more.

Ok I'll go take my meds now. :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread