Tonari no Neko to Koi Shirazu - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Double-page supporter
I know it's random, but there's something I've been keeping hidden deep inside for so long, and now is the time to finally share it, especially since it's (a little) related to this chapter.
I've always felt that there's something off with the realism of drawings in manga in general.
Consider the following example: If you're reading a manga (let's call it an outer-manga) about drawing another manga (let's call it an inner-manga), the outer-manga likely contains drawings of the inner-manga being created by the characters of the outer-manga.
Now, if those drawings have a similar art style to the outer-manga itself, does it mean the characters see the inner-manga the way we (the readers) do? Or do they see it as some hyper-realistic shit? This has been a nagging thought for me.
In this chapter, we can clearly see that the drawings made by the characters are less realistic than the outer-manga itself, which is ideal for me and brings a sense of peace. But, I must admit, it can be quite disturbing in other cases.

I hope that in the future, we'll see more and more less realistic inner-drawings in outer-manga.

Double-page supporter
I know it's random, but there's something I've been keeping hidden deep inside for so long, and now is the time to finally share it, especially since it's (a little) related to this chapter.
I've always felt that there's something off with the realism of drawings in manga in general.
Consider the following example: If you're reading a manga (let's call it an outer-manga) about drawing another manga (let's call it an inner-manga), the outer-manga likely contains drawings of the inner-manga being created by the characters of the outer-manga.
Now, if those drawings have a similar art style to the outer-manga itself, does it mean the characters see the inner-manga the way we (the readers) do? Or do they see it as some hyper-realistic shit? This has been a nagging thought for me.
In this chapter, we can clearly see that the drawings made by the characters are less realistic than the outer-manga itself, which is ideal for me and brings a sense of peace. But, I must admit, it can be quite disturbing in other cases.

I hope that in the future, we'll see more and more less realistic inner-drawings in outer-manga.
Sounds like you'd enjoy Bakuman. It's a series about creating manga. Also I'd always assumed the characters think the manga look like regular manga to them, though I have seen comedy bits where anything created in series is hyper realistic as if it were real people.

i also held my breath during that scene in sprirted away when i first saw it. that was something

Dex-chan lover

The term you are looking here is "diegetic (drawing)". The same with diegetic user interface, or diegetic music.

It is a method of implementation in medias. Diegetic == in-world. It goes both ways: things may be diegetic with the intention of staying true for the lore, it could also be diegetic for simply immersion.

Dex-chan lover
This artist drawing is really pretty. Even if the story is generic, I really enjoy the art
To be honest, I need a bit of generic stuff from time to time as long as it's not boring, it's like eating a decently made burger

Users who are viewing this thread