Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 1 Ch. 13 - Shia-san is looking at me

"Don't do this on me"
Is that a translation error? Or I guess maybe purposefully nonsensical/vague since MC didn't get it either.

Dex-chan lover
eh? eh? eh???
"Don't do this on me"
Is that a translation error? Or I guess maybe purposefully nonsensical/vague since MC didn't get it either.
i am thinking this is a translation error since since mr. translator doesn't know any japanese

Group Leader
eh? eh? eh???

i am thinking this is a translation error since since mr. translator doesn't know any japanese
Hey! Mr. Translator here xd.
Thanks for pointing that out; it did feel a bit off.

At first I interpreted it as "Don't do this on me" as in "Don't do this [watching movies] on me [because of me]."
Under revision I changed it to "I would not", I think this is a more accurate translation and overall makes more sense with the context, being confusing but interpretable as "I wouldn't [like me]", as Shia is characterized as an insecure person.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Dex-chan lover
Just because our MC is in middle school, we shouldn't forget that Shia herself is only in high school as well. I think she feels guilty for hanging out with him when she likes his older brother, and is therefore doing this self loathing act whenever he mentions how he likes her

At first I interpreted it as "Don't do this on me" as in "Don't do this [watching movies] on me [because of me]."
Under revision I changed it to "I would not", I think this is a more accurate translation and overall makes more sense with the context, being confusing but interpretable as "I wouldn't [like me]", as Shia is characterized as an insecure person.

She's telling him not to «do this» while making a specific hand gesture. Your initial translation was the correct one.

2 months late to the discussion but I'd probably translate 私はやめとけ! as
You better give up on me!

She is suggesting him to choose someone his age instead of herself

Dex-chan lover
Just because our MC is in middle school, we shouldn't forget that Shia herself is only in high school as well. I think she feels guilty for hanging out with him when she likes his older brother, and is therefore doing this self loathing act whenever he mentions how he likes her
Pain. Absolute pain. Infinite pain.

Dex-chan lover
man when he's so earnest and trying to do his best, it makes it mean so much more when she becomes a pain in the ass lol

Dex-chan lover
She is literally the worst. Not in an unrealistic way, she's probably among the more realistic female characters in shounen manga, but in the worst way. Like, fucking, stop leading him on, you bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread