Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 2 Ch. 23 - I like that expression

Dex-chan lover
The kid is barely a teenager & he already knows that communication is key in any relationship even if he has his moments. That smile at the end was really wholesome. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Kazuya:"NOO! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER FOR 300 CHAPS!!"
e82b2c85036eda26536928ad51ae6a7b75c1d955.gif

Dex-chan lover
i love how the author write the direction, it's like we all knew Shina likes takun but she knows that he is still barely a teenager to know the concept of love so she tries to shove him away in a nice approach because she knew that Takun loves her and he is just a nice person and pure, she knew that love for her might possibly change as time progresses so she's always almost on the defensive but this chapter changed it completely when Takun himself learned how to approach properly and express it without the misunderstanding to Shina. it seems Shina is slowly opening her door to Takun, knowing that he knows what's he is doing now.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wait, so you are telling me a misunderstanding can be solved in one chapter because the characters talk things out? Also thx for the chapter
Read danger in my heart if you want that sort of thing where problems are solved in a chapter or two through communication. Seems like a weird manga at first but after chapter 24ish onwards it’s very sweet and is very focused on the two main protagonists. Ironically it’s published by the same company funnily enough.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like we almost got to much progress in this chapter for what was said. Also if you want to get to know someone better there are worse ways then joining them as they do something they like. If someone is important to you, you want to at least understand what is important to them.

Also I would like to know what attracted him to her in the first place. His diary was more like an observation journal.

When was the last time he talked to her about her screen play?

It kinda feels like there are parts of the story we aren't seeing.

Just realized he went all over town looking for her. First her house, then the bookstore, then the cafe. Grom the dialogue probably gusto as well.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also I would like to know what attracted him to her in the first place. His diary was more like an observation journal.
i think it's because they are childhood friends, especially when Shiina moved near their place the first time that gradually to the current situation that they watch movies together. like if you always interacting to the same person for a long time usually liking that person usually develop to something else.

Dex-chan lover
Read danger in my heart if you want that sort of thing where problems are solved in a chapter or two through communication. Seems like a weird manga at first but after chapter 24ish onwards it’s very sweet and is very focused on the two main protagonists. Ironically it’s published by the same company funnily enough.
yup im in on this one as i read also the same manga, it's just you don't need to drag a whole arc just to solve a problem. straightforward direction is always good.

Users who are viewing this thread