Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 3 Ch. 35 - I like you, Shia-san

Dex-chan lover
Oh god. Our boy brutally murderized the girl. It was blow after blow after blow after blow on her heart in rapid fashion and he just goes in and corners her for the kill. The sheer tenacity and grit on display is a work of art.

Dex-chan lover
the language of love is so simple
was her commenting on the happy ending somehow meant to be an answer to his confession? am i an idiot or something?

Dex-chan lover
Was shia at the basketball game to begin with and left before it started or without saying hi? I thoght we saw her from behind in one of the first panels.

This actually shows a bit of arrogance on Shia's part. She not only thinks he does everything for her but that she should decide if it is good or bad to be in a relationship with her.

Hopefully she now understands that Takun has made the decison that he likes her and wants to spend time with her for himself. It's not out of pity. He finds her a worthwhile human being. Now she has to decide what she wants.

I have a bad feeling this will not be a happy, easy to understand story from her on out. It feels like the whole point of this chapter was saying this is not like a disney movie.
She's not at the game, it looks like she was taking out the trash and hid from him because of her guilty feelings.
I wouldn't call her attitude arrogance, though I don't really have a word that fits it better. It's something I relate to a lot, making herself the villain because of her self-esteem issues. I think a part of this was sparked in her by his brother, last chapter he talked about her "influence" on Ta-kun and now we see she's taken that in the complete wrong direction. Which is a good window into how Shia overthinks these things.

Also rather than a bad feeling, that's exactly what I want. I don't want a quick happy ending, I want to see them work through their problems and grow in the turmoil, like they have been til now. The story so far has really nailed how these issues are presented and eventually confronted and I really hope it continues to do so.

Dex-chan lover
i wish i could be as charismatic and well-spoken as this literal middle schooler
jake.jpg

Thanks for the translation!
Just wanting to correct something on page 8
"やっぱりだめだと思う" should be something like "In the end I think it is a no-go"
"平常心だな" should be something like "You are surprisingly calm"

Dex-chan lover
She's not at the game, it looks like she was taking out the trash and hid from him because of her guilty feelings.
I wouldn't call her attitude arrogance, though I don't really have a word that fits it better. It's something I relate to a lot, making herself the villain because of her self-esteem issues. I think a part of this was sparked in her by his brother, last chapter he talked about her "influence" on Ta-kun and now we see she's taken that in the complete wrong direction. Which is a good window into how Shia overthinks these things.

Also rather than a bad feeling, that's exactly what I want. I don't want a quick happy ending, I want to see them work through their problems and grow in the turmoil, like they have been til now. The story so far has really nailed how these issues are presented and eventually confronted and I really hope it continues to do so.
I get what you mean by saying you want them to work through their issues grow and become closer. To me that is the disney ending. If you want the opposite of that it would be misunderstandings or something beyond their control that drives a wedge into their relationship and they stop seeing each other. Something like what happened to the couple in my step mom's daughter is my ex before the series started.

That's what it felt like that could be saying. There are no happy or good endings.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda of a good chapter, but I swear he's already done the simple him telling shia he likes her?

Users who are viewing this thread