Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 3 Ch. 36 - Shia-san's answer

Dex-chan lover
I still like this series, but man how slow is Shia on a bike that Ta-kun can catch up to her on foot lol.

Dex-chan lover
I realize that you likely mean "so much younger" relative to how old they are now, but I think the age difference is only like 3-4 years.

Pretty sure Shia is on friendly terms with the girl he borrowed the FLCL dvd from (her name escapes me at the moment). She probably told Shia what happened.
That is a huge age difference at that age. There was an older girl who lived next to me when I was 4 years old. She was 2 years older than me. I won't say we were best friends but we were very close. As we got older we spent less and less time together because we had less and less in common. After awhile we stopped seeing each other all together. Wonder why I love the childhood friend and onee-san trope? God I just realized what could of been. GOD DAMN IT!

Sorry, I'm back. I doubt all of that is at the front of Shia's mind but she and Takun also don't just spend time together they always are doing something. If they are talking about something it is usually movies. Seeing as how this might be the first time some one has asked her out, especially the first time someone she cares about has asked her out, it makes sense she isn't certain of her feelings or how to answer.

I think that girl told Shia too, the question is why? Did shia ask her to keep an eye on Takun and let her know what was going on?

Dex-chan lover
Edit the screenplay boy! Make it clear and interesting then you'll have her heart in the palm of your hands!

Dex-chan lover
Lol the ending was pretty funny. Shia tried running away from him but they end up at the same place anyway cause they are neighbours.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, between Ta-kun's summary from chapter 34 and Shia's explanation, the screenplay really seems to be short and basic. There are ways to make a story like that interesting, but it seems like she just wrote it as a self-insert story of wish fulfillment, so there just isn't that much to it, at least without knowing who Shia is.

Contributor
Shia's not yet ready to date him, but she doesn't dislike him. Understandable, feelings of love aren't always like a switch one flicks on, for some it's a gradual process that builds up. It's not a flat out rejection, so keep it up young man.

Dex-chan lover
something about this manga bugs me. the author tries his best to show the immaturity of children and them doing their best and all but this is not how kids act...at all

That is a huge age difference at that age. There was an older girl who lived next to me when I was 4 years old. She was 2 years older than me. I won't say we were best friends but we were very close. As we got older we spent less and less time together because we had less and less in common. After awhile we stopped seeing each other all together. Wonder why I love the childhood friend and onee-san trope? God I just realized what could of been. GOD DAMN IT!

Sorry, I'm back. I doubt all of that is at the front of Shia's mind but she and Takun also don't just spend time together they always are doing something. If they are talking about something it is usually movies. Seeing as how this might be the first time some one has asked her out, especially the first time someone she cares about has asked her out, it makes sense she isn't certain of her feelings or how to answer.

I think that girl told Shia too, the question is why? Did shia ask her to keep an eye on Takun and let her know what was going on?
man really said 3-4 years isn't a huge gap at their age 😭, i swear to god most people on this site are like that fr

Group Leader
Okay, I guess that makes sense. "Praised in class" sounds like the teacher singled him out in front of the class for verbal praise.
Tbh in the original text of that chapter, Tasuku said what I think was a wordplay with the word "花丸" ("hanamaru"), which is the name of that flower circle the teacher drew. It's like a gold star awarded to kids in school. I think he referred to himself with said wordplay in that panel.

I couldn't find a way to translate this to English correctly, so I replaced it with something that still conveyed the fact that he got rewarded/praised and went with it, and what Shia referenced on the last page of this chapter was that wordplay/nickname.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
So someone went to the Chizuru school of Tsundere.

But really she likes being with him but can't envisage what dating would entail or how it would work, especially when he is so much younger.

I think the really interesting thing will be to find out how she knew he was praised.

Oh and Takun, bare plot is always boring. It's everything surrounding it that makes things worth while.
His brother told her when they happened to see each other like 2 chapters ago, he accompanied him to go get glasses and she was going out with friends

Users who are viewing this thread