Tonari no Seki no Satou-san

Dex-chan lover
"If you're into MCs that are nasty, self-absorbed, condescending two-faced jerks who think the super adorable girl who sits next to them is a worthless piece of shit"

lol, okay. (this is sarcasm, I shouldn't have to explain that)

Dex-chan lover
"If you're into MCs that are nasty, self-absorbed, condescending two-faced jerks who think the super adorable girl who sits next to them is a worthless piece of shit"
???????? what?
you seem like the type who likes harem isekai mangas where the mc gets "super lucky" moments where the FMC gets him into her boobs and then falls for him

@FredFriendly "If you're into MCs that are nasty, self-absorbed, condescending two-faced jerks who think the super adorable girl who sits next to them is a worthless piece of shit, then this story is right up your alley."
and
@Keetonman ""If you're into MCs that are nasty, self-absorbed, condescending two-faced jerks who think the super adorable girl who sits next to them is a worthless piece of shit"

lol, okay."

Biologically men are attracted to healthy, weak, cute feminine women. The reason why he's drawn to her not knowing why is because she meet his minimum standards and vulnerable enough to make him feel he must rescue her, therefore very feminine. I don't consider him a bad person, more along the critical type, and it frustrates him that she doesn't seem to get the obvious but if you noticed she's never really asked for help directly but he ends up volunteering it. Ironically if she was more competent he wouldn't give her the time of day.

She's attracted to him because he's shown many masculine traits women seem to be attracted too, ie the bad boy types. Even though many mangas like portraying the MC as the effeminate diligent type most women like the diligent part but hate the effeminate part, this is easily noticed in many of the shojo/josei mangas having their MC guys pinning the girl in a scene or two and even the love rival male doing it here and there too (in most cases the female MC doesn't get offended or scream rape, but women seem to like this or else these kinds of plots wouldn't be so common). There is definitely a fine line in some cultures between what is permitted and what is sexual assault, luckily this isn't one of those hentai trying to make it where the girl wants to be abused or raped.

Dex-chan lover
This guy is too mean to that poor girl. At least, in his head he is

Group Leader
@0181sam
???????? what?
you seem like the type who likes harem isekai mangas where the mc gets "super lucky" moments where the FMC gets him into her boobs and then falls for him

Thanks for the laugh, and now it's my turn to say, "???????? what?" How on earth did you come up with that bizarre analysis from what I said? Your self-projection of what you think I like is actually the complete opposite. I avoid reading harems, I don't read isekai, and the trope where a big-boobed, naked girl falls out of the sky and lands on the MC is one of my most disliked plot devices.

Oh, and everything I said about the MC and the FMC, as of chapter 5, is spot-on. Maybe, by the end of the series, he'll turn into the ideal boyfriend and she'll become the worst sort of harpie imaginable and they'll have a totally dysfunctional relationship forever after.

Dex-chan lover
This guy's pretending anything the dude is thinking is stuff he's actually saying to her lol

Dex-chan lover
@keetonman
lol it looks like it
@fredfriendly
yeah thats why i said "it seems" not "it looks like"
also stop speedreading, they arent in a relationship yet and the dude is probably just thinking why he is attracted to her and is trying to deny it

there is an anilist for this manga now. https://anilist.co/manga/112598/Tonari-no-Seki-no-Satousan/

Dex-chan lover
Because Ch.1 was such a hard pill to swallow, I decided to check the most recent chapter. I think I just don't enjoy male tsundere, especially when we can hear their inner monologe.

School SoL romance from a male tsundere perspective. Very refreshing approach. I'd even love a live action series

Fed-Kun's army
I'm guessing the volume 2 release will be in December or January based on the number of chapters released so far and the plot break point/cliffhanger. Right now 15 chapters are out so there's enough materials for the second volume. (Vol. 1 had 7 chapters) I'm guessing the volume 2 will have 9 chapters.

Double-page supporter
I can relate to this in a painful way. Probably because I sat next to someone who I never expected to fall in love with.

Dex-chan lover
I love the way Satou smiles. The way her eyes narrow when she's really thankful and happy, the way her eyes turn back to normal coupled with a wide, cheerful smile, and so on and so forth. Heaps of praises for the amazing way the artist drew the manga. Now I just need to find the web and light novel.

Edit:

Also upon checking the raws it seems like there are PVs for the live action too. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-b3XuHuzZaUJKV9TASFSA

Fed-Kun's army
Colorized volume 1 is out. 1100 yen. I probably won't redo it, but I did one page...

B9lm1bt.png

And the album...

https://imgur.com/a/adqwDQM

Users who are viewing this thread