Tonari no Youkai-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 22 - Nekomata v. Nue

Aww Buchio was so cool doing his best to protect his 'little brother', I love how he cares so much about his family, he was so cute in the last page you can tell he was scared.

Thank you for this triple release!

Dex-chan lover
Buchio is a very good boy. Who knew that the bow and arrow shapeshifting would come in so handy in a situation like this?

Dex-chan lover
Damnit manga, you're no allowed to be so. . . So. . . Stop tugging my heart strings damnit!

Double-page supporter
It's not tears
But the sweat from my beating heart

And ninjas cutting onion

Wow, Buchio already mastered the shape-shifting perfectly... Our baby grows do fast *sniff

Jokes aside, did you guys know that, in the old days, japanese people used to break a cat's tail so it wouldn't become a nekomata?

Dex-chan lover
@Miyono-chan Humans have a looooooooooooooooooong history of being pieces of shit to cats.

Buchio was a-freaking-mazing. You go, kitteh!

Dex-chan lover
It seems I was confused. I actually thought those black formless yokai were called Nue.
It looks like there are more dangers on the loose than I previously believed.

Thank god for best boi Buchio!!

Fed-Kun's army
Courage is being afraid but doing it anyway. Aww. I believe his love for his family is Buchio's essence.

Dex-chan lover
@ElBichoRaro It is not that they wanted to treat the cats badly. It was just an irrational fear that the cats will turn into Nekomata and eat them. Nekomata in Japanese mythology aren't friendly creatures. Most of them despite or look down on humans. Humans are also a part of their diet. It is understandable that ancient Japanese in a primitive culture fear that and cut the tail of the cats short. The cats that had their tails cut short can still live well to their old age. That practice was abolished as the society developing and people stop fearing of believing the supernatural.

There are many customs that came from irrational fear and superstitions. Like in my country, there was a custom about nailing the coffin of people who died because of lightning and burying them as deep as possible since it is believed that they would come back as zombies.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 That still counts to me as animal abuse. Here, people stone owls to death, and I find that infuriating. I'm not vegan or a PETArd, but anything that involves abuse towards animals due to ignorance or outright malice really makes me angry.

Dex-chan lover
BUCHIO THE MVP COMIN IN CLUTCH
LEST FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO

@ElBichoRaro
Humans have a looooooooooooooooooong history of being pieces of shit to cats
even in modern era you got those "dog is cute and innocent boi that will protect you and cat secretly want to kill you in your sleep" kinda jokes

Users who are viewing this thread