Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 10 Ch. 99 - Thank you

Had Every Breath You Take by The Police playing while reading this ch. Somehow it feel appropriate, even though was a complete coincidence.

Dex-chan lover
BELIEVE IN ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU

HIS DRILL WILL PIERCE THE MOON

Dex-chan lover
@hazy_future supposedly, it's some hairclip/hairband thingy made from deer leathera friend gave her a long time ago

or something along that line

Double-page supporter
So no one's going to talk about the mysterious, giant, round, light-eating object that's moved between the clearly full moon and the Earth?

Good chapter but where's that other couple shown on last page of previous chapter?

Dex-chan lover
>mutual believe
>moon
>mysterious girl

yup, totally Sora Iro Days material

Fed-Kun's army
Now tha i re read this, its like some kind of arc has ended and now we re going into some serious plot shit, but the author being Hata, the Title drop at the end could just been a whim lol

Dex-chan lover
Wait.... NONONONONONO this looks way too final don't do this to me Hata.

Although if you stop to think about it, there's no way it's gonna end there, right? There's still the new house, the Romcoms around them... I just caught up after binge-reading this for 2 days, I don't want it to end now... I hope Hata is just trolling us because he saw the 100th chapter milestone and wanted to scare us.

EDIT: I've been thinking, and I don't think Wifey is Kaguya-hime, or at least not in the sense of the original legend. It makes no sense at all, if you think about it: in the legend, Kaguya only spends what, 20 years in the human world? She goes back to the moon and forgets everything as soon as the moonpeople put the cloak/mantle/whatever on her shoulders. Meanwhile, Tsukasa has been around for at least a thousand years and clearly remembers everything. At most, this might follow an alternate version of the legend where she either refused or couldn't go back to the moon, so she was cursed to stay in the human world forever.

All in all, I'm glad we're getting to know a bit more of her story, but I hope it just goes back to everyday fluff soon, because the more we learn about her, the closer we are to this series ending. And I am not prepared for that.

Aggregator gang
@Doodads I'm actually thinking this is a continuation of the myth...not a retelling of it. Meaning all that happened in the distant past and she eventually made it back to Earth. Of course, the guy she originally loved is long dead by then; so now, she just wandered around until she met up with Nasa. That is, if she truly is Kaguya-hime, anyway.

@rebel16 Not a full moon, just the way the artist is drawing/stylizing a crescent moon.

Double-page supporter
@Kami_Nana Yes, it's a not uncommon artistic mistake. The crescent moon never actually looks like that on Earth. So this is clearly something else happening, likely foreshadowing the imminent doom of the planet and all upon it. </snark>

Users who are viewing this thread