Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 24 Ch. 226 - New series: My Gyaru Classmate Won’t Leave Me Alone

Dex-chan lover
Instead of building plastic models of fictional things, he should have started to study robotics and everything related to it. Eventually he could have participated in one of those fancy mecha projects, which are basically the closest thing to Gundams that exist in RL. Robotics is a huge field of engineering, so there would have been career opportunities available. I'm not sure how many people are needed to design new Gundam models, though. Probably a single one.

Dex-chan lover
Instead of building plastic models of fictional things, he should have started to study robotics and everything related to it. Eventually he could have participated in one of those fancy mecha projects, which are basically the closest thing to Gundams that exist in RL. Robotics is a huge field of engineering, so there would have been career opportunities available. I'm not sure how many people are needed to design new Gundam models, though. Probably a single one.
Lol those mecha projects are at best a meme compared to community around Gundams

VIP
They somehow shoehorned in to make it an actual Tonikawa Chapter
she introduced last chapter in case you miss it. this is her story. she is the reason nasa turned out this way. and seems they are going to have reunion and asimo guy will have reason to have beef with nasa.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure how many people are needed to design new Gundam models, though. Probably a single one.
There are two things at play here. The Gundam itself is designed by an artist or a team of artists (usually around four) who work in the anime production, while the model is designed out of the artist's drawings by a team of engineers, usually between 10 to 20 people. Then there are also production engineers and mold machinists. In total it takes about 100 engineers working in Japan and China to bring new models to market. In recent years the two core design teams have been required to work together from the start, so that the MS designed for the anime can be accurately modeled.

There is a special exception for the Build series. In that case, a lot of the MS featured are actually designs made by modifying existing gunpla models. In the earlier series these designs came from the fanbase, from mods submitted by fans to gunpla modeling competitions. Later professional modelers were brought in. Because the MS are mods of existing gunpla, the engineers simply have to reverse engineer them back to the original sprues, eliminate some sprues, and add new features into existing or entirely new sprues.

Users who are viewing this thread